Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you keep your open world gaming experiences fresh?

I go on long journeys around the map taking my time along the way. Not really reaching a destination. I have a sense of direction where to go, but wherever I end up. Or sometimes I will just put a marker way out in the map and just take different routes to get there. I always get new experiences doing that. But I keep in mind to try not to end up somewhere that the story may bring me so as to not jump any gun. 

Play with others so that it does not get bored real fast, or if you love building and more base building, then just build a base 😉 That can take hours and days. Open world games definitely aren’t for everyone, I think what you like about GTA is that it’s a sandbox game, and that’s an important distinction. Not every open world game is a sandbox and not every sandbox game has an open world.

8 hours ago, Empire said:

Play with others so that it does not get bored real fast, or if you love building and more base building, then just build a base 😉 That can take hours and days. Open world games definitely aren’t for everyone, I think what you like about GTA is that it’s a sandbox game, and that’s an important distinction. Not every open world game is a sandbox and not every sandbox game has an open world.

So true - I do like the sandbox world of GTA V but what makes it so great is some of the random events happening with the npcs and some of them are extremely hilarious!

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

True, not every open world game its  a sandbox and not every sandbox has an open world game. IRS simply the hilarious thing when it comes to sand box in gaming. 

I do like GTA and RDR execution of it as it doesn't really feel like a sandbox type of game at all.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

I do like GTA and RDR execution of it as it doesn't really feel like a sandbox type of game at all.

Yes, since you aren't going to be scratching your head over simply devising escape routes in the game, it doesn't require solving puzzles. You can simply follow the direction of the arrows and take right positions in case of emergency police attack.