Register Now
PGen98

Forza Horizon 5 First Impressions?

So Forza Horizon 5 launched today for those who pre-ordered and other folks, too.  Has anyone gotten into it and given it a go?  I have, and I have to say, it's really impressive!  The map is huge, the gameplay feels a bit tighter than 4, and the cars of course are quite nice to race around in.  That Mercedes!  Wow!  And of course, can't hate a Supra :).  I'm a bit of a Forza fan, so I'm loving it totally.  Mexico's a lot of fun to drive through :)

Forza has a really deep vinyl editor, and it can be argued that it is better than NFS (coming for a life long NFS fan). The downside to Forza's editor, though, is that if you use ANY DECAL that is not provided to you by default then you cannot share you design. It honestly takes away a bit of the joy for me in designing a livery since I know no one else will see it.

Yeah, I have to agree with you on that one, it is restrictive in the design aspects!  You can create some amazing liveries, but if you use even one tiny decal that you didn't make yourself your design becomes locked.  That's really sad, I think if anything it should boil down to a certain percentage of the artwork being unique that determines whether or not the design can be shared.  Say, 85% is unique to you, then it should be fine to share it, since such a minute amount is some random decal.

Playing it through the Xbox Game Pass and I am loving it so far. It looks great on the Series X and the gameplay is pretty good too. The dust storms that appear around the map from time to time are just amazing. 

I'm currently playing it on the performance setting so that it is 60fps.

On 11/10/2021 at 7:00 PM, Darth said:

Playing it through the Xbox Game Pass and I am loving it so far. It looks great on the Series X and the gameplay is pretty good too. The dust storms that appear around the map from time to time are just amazing. 

I'm currently playing it on the performance setting so that it is 60fps.

Forza horizon 5 is a game I've been expecting to play ever since it launched. It's a pleasure to hear you're already playing. How is your experience so far? 

On 11/11/2021 at 9:22 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Forza horizon 5 is a game I've been expecting to play ever since it launched. It's a pleasure to hear you're already playing. How is your experience so far? 

Very good so far. There are a few bugs and server issues which makes playing online a bit of a pain. But the rest of the game is very good. Graphics and gameplay are amazing. And if you love racing games, you will enjoy this a lot.

1 hour ago, Darth said:

Very good so far. There are a few bugs and server issues which makes playing online a bit of a pain. But the rest of the game is very good. Graphics and gameplay are amazing. And if you love racing games, you will enjoy this a lot.

Bugs is inevitable around video games, that's why I don't care if this comes with bugs too. I'll definitely going to play it. 

The game narration is pure cringe, there is no progression, you get some of the best cars right at the start, so what is there to play for? The AI is atrocious, the difficulty setting literally only affects their straight line speed regardless of the car's supposed performance. The game is unplayable with a wheel+pedals, what else? Yeah and to top it all off, the game has audio issues for me. The audio turns robotic like reverb is dialled to 9000 soon after starting the game.

I agree that it is better than recent NFS games, but being better than a pile-o-poo is not a big feat in of itself.  I'm looking forward to GT7 and TDU3 instead.

Edited by m76

On 11/13/2021 at 10:32 PM, m76 said:

The game narration is pure cringe, there is no progression, you get some of the best cars right at the start, so what is there to play for? The AI is atrocious, the difficulty setting literally only affects their straight line speed regardless of the car's supposed performance. The game is unplayable with a wheel+pedals, what else? Yeah and to top it all off, the game has audio issues for me. The audio turns robotic like reverb is dialled to 9000 soon after starting the game.

I agree that it is better than recent NFS games, but being better than a pile-o-poo is not a big feat in of itself.  I'm looking forward to GT7 and TDU3 instead.

Agree with you on the narration and the cars. I wish they didn't cater the game to all ages because it just makes the story boring and way too PG. And getting these amazing cars at the start is extremely boring. We should be starting off right at the bottom and be able to grind to the top