Register Now
Empire

Would you rather lose the ability to lie or believe everything you’re told?

The only valid time I can see for lying is if you're playing a game and lying is an integral part of the game.

For example if anyone has seen the movie Cry Wolf, they will know the game I'm talking about. you have 7 or 8 people and a game master. Everyone closes their eyes and the game master picks one person and puts a mark on them somewhere that no one will be able to see. The game from there is accusing everyone else of having the mark, and the one with it lying to deflect the suspicion onto others.

There's others like 2 truths and a lie that require lying. But they're games. It's not telling someone that you went through something traumatic, when it never actually happened. I absolutely despise those people. They're looking for sympathy points, when those of us who actually have been there are looked down upon by society.

Rambling again. I'll shut up now so that I don't keep derailing this topic.

On 2/25/2022 at 1:41 PM, m76 said:

I never had either ability. I can't lie for the world of it. Even when I should tell a white lie I just can't do it. I'd rather stay silent.

And I always assume other people are genuine, I'm not able to get into a conversation assuming the other person is going to lie. That's probably projection on my part, because I wouldn't lie so I assume others won't either, especially about trivial and seemingly inconsequential things.

I know where you're coming from. I hardly lie about anything myself and normally it's something like me not wanting to give out someone else's personal info/whereabouts because it's a stranger asking me. If it makes complete sense and I see no evidence going against something a person said, then I'll believe them.