Register Now
StaceyPowers

Forgotten classic games that could use a remake?

All of the true classics have gotten a remake in one form or another. For example, Donkey Kong became DKC.

It would take a lot of searching even for me to find one that hasn’t been done yet. And everyone here already knows that I play classic systems almost exclusively.

There is a whole horde of games on the Atari 2600. More than any other system to date. But even with that range, most of them were either duds or flops. Hell, ET was one of the biggest movies of the century, yet the game flopped so hard, that Atari dumped hundreds of copies in the desert.

If you can find a game worthy of remembrance (by the masses) that hasn’t been remade a hundred times, then you’re damn lucky to have come across it. Even us classic gamers are hard pressed to find one.

On 11/16/2021 at 10:59 PM, Head_Hunter said:

If I want the games I've played in the past to be remastered then I have to go for the dark age games of 90s, which are: Doom, Super Mario 64, clash bandicoot, Golden eye 007, Half-life, and Tomb raider etc, should be remastered. 

Boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hands and Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy are good two games that I feel also should have had a remake by now.