Register Now
Knight Plug

I finally conceded, and have giving up on Resident Evil...

14 hours ago, egghead said:

I have watched a couple of movies in Resident Evil franchise but never played any Resident Evil games. The movies are based on the games. I like horror genre in movies, but I do not like playing horror games.

Resident Evil movies are a big craft in my opinion. I did really enjoyed watching some of them. I have even watched some of its animated movies. 

19 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

The movies are a bit similar to the games, but more so loosely connected.

I didn't like the portrayal of some of the game to big screen adaptions of the characters. For example, they made Barry into a wuss. But they are okay movies if you just like them as general movies with zombies, and over the top action. 

The connection is a very weak with the movies and games. Although, I don't really care much about it to say the least. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

I was having a discussion with my friend last week and he's of the opinion that older Resident Evil games deserves their remake more than RE4 with Resident Evil Outbreak being one he thinks it's time it gets a remake. 

Seriously, Capcom can never do what they are supposed to do when they are supposed to do it. It's why they are killing the RE franchise slowly. 

I think Capcom has delayed the DLC for RE8. I'm eager to see what the heck it's about, but they haven't posted any updates since E3 last summer. 

Meanwhile...

I think this may interest some people who love RE4. 

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2022/2/1/22911418/resident-evil-4-hd-project-remaster-release-date-install-download

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Let Capcom not follow in the complete footsteps of EA company ruining what they've built. Because, EA is simply on the steady drop down from the top. 

They are already birds of the same feathers with the kind of polices that they have been working with lately. 

1 minute ago, Candy Stick said:

I think Capcom has delayed the DLC for RE8. I'm eager to see what the heck it's about, but they haven't posted any updates since E3 last summer. 

Meanwhile...

I think this may interest some people who love RE4. 

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2022/2/1/22911418/resident-evil-4-hd-project-remaster-release-date-install-download

Wow, that's an awesome update on RE 4 because it's one of the RE franchise that's really worth it in my eyes. 

Well, I don't even think the real RE4 remake is coming any month soon. All of the hearsay was just speculation anyway. It would make more sense to remake CV first. If they did RE4 first, that wouldn't make any sense, because CV is set in 1998. 

I think, if I had to hazard a guess here, that CV will come in 2023 and RE4 in 2025, to match the release date of the original. Also, the original RE4 was out in Japan in January of 2005. So it's just a hunch, going by their habit of releasing games in January.

Although RE8 was out in May, but the pandemic probably had an impact on why that happened this way. 

God. I said 2015. Oops. 😝

Edited by Candy Stick

1 hour ago, Candy Stick said:

Well, I don't even think the real RE4 remake is coming any month soon. All of the hearsay was just speculation anyway. It would make more sense to remake CV first. If they did RE4 first, that wouldn't make any sense, because CV is set in 1998. 

I think, if I had to hazard a guess here, that CV will come in 2023 and RE4 in 2025, to match the release date of the original. Also, the original RE4 was out in Japan in January of 2005. So it's just a hunch, going by their habit of releasing games in January.

Although RE8 was out in May, but the pandemic probably had an impact on why that happened this way. 

A remake on Resident Evil 4 isn't due yet, if Capcom ventures to make it now, I hope they get it right and not the garbage they do sometimes. 

I know they're probably going to half-ass it, but there is a small chance they wont do it quite as badly. For I hope they can see that RE3 was a prime example of how NOT to screw up a classic.

Of course, I do expect changed plot aspects regardless, and missing enemy types. Because well, that's how Capcom is nowadays. Since they refer to games now as a reimagining, I guess they consider it okay to leave out stuff. 

Even RE8 is just a repeat of 4. I know RE8 was supposed to be their way of hyping people up, but when you copy your own games now, that's not a good sign.

In my personal opinion though, I don't like RE8. It feels like a fantasy game. An unintentional comedy, if you will. That's just not RE, in my eyes. But I hope the DLC at least entertains me, because I haven't had any great games to play now for the better part of a year.

56 minutes ago, Candy Stick said:

I know they're probably going to half-ass it, but there is a small chance they wont do it quite as badly. For I hope they can see that RE3 was a prime example of how NOT to screw up a classic.

Of course, I do expect changed plot aspects regardless, and missing enemy types. Because well, that's how Capcom is nowadays. Since they refer to games now as a reimagining, I guess they consider it okay to leave out stuff. 

Even RE8 is just a repeat of 4. I know RE8 was supposed to be their way of hyping people up, but when you copy your own games now, that's not a good sign.

In my personal opinion though, I don't like RE8. It feels like a fantasy game. An unintentional comedy, if you will. That's just not RE, in my eyes. But I hope the DLC at least entertains me, because I haven't had any great games to play now for the better part of a year.

There are so many games that you can pick out from and play. It's not a must it's supposed to on RE franchise. Although, I really hope that the DLC comes out properly. 

6 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

It would be the right thing for them to do by remaking the RE CV first because it's way too long due for a remake. It would even help them to get the plot right. 

Their first attempt at a "remake" was when a CV section was included in the sequel to The Umbrella Chronicles, entitled The Darkside Chronicles. But it was more bland in comparison to the original, because it had funny parts, and the story was different.

Of course, they're surely going to put in more effort for a proper remake to go underway. But that was honestly terrible.

Take a look. 

2 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

Their first attempt at a "remake" was when a CV section was included in the sequel to The Umbrella Chronicles, entitled The Darkside Chronicles. But it was more bland in comparison to the original, because it had funny parts, and the story was different.

Of course, they're surely going to put in more effort for a proper remake to go underway. But that was honestly terrible.

Take a look. 

Terrible is an incredible understatement in my opinion. Like what where the developers thinking or doing to make such? I'm really confused..