Jump to content
Register Now
thesaunderschild

I finally conceded, and have giving up on Resident Evil...

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

This is actually incorrect. I looked as well, and @Candy Stick has posted in several other topics this year as well as last year. @Candy Stick has posted

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

As well as several other places. While the vast majority of (his? her?) posts are in this particular thread, that doesn't give us the right to lock it simply because it irks you. If we start doing that, we would have to start locking every thread as soon as someone got annoyed which would pretty much stop conversation, and defeat the purpose of the forum. @Heatman made a very good point as well. If you feel the topic has run its course, you can always stop following it. Just mark it read and move on.

One's life choices shouldn't be a problem for another with regards to what interests them to talk as long as the person isn't talking trash. I believe the lesson is being passed to whoever needs it to learn to respect other people's discussion choices. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

This is actually incorrect. I looked as well, and @Candy Stick has posted in several other topics this year as well as last year. @Candy Stick has posted

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

As well as several other places. While the vast majority of (his? her?) posts are in this particular thread, that doesn't give us the right to lock it simply because it irks you. If we start doing that, we would have to start locking every thread as soon as someone got annoyed which would pretty much stop conversation, and defeat the purpose of the forum. @Heatman made a very good point as well. If you feel the topic has run its course, you can always stop following it. Just mark it read and move on.

It was the obvious thing to be done if you aren't interested in a particular topic one talks on. I think something like that have been seen here a few times. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will remain a fan of RE. But I don't want them messing it up anymore. 

To be honest, though, I think The Last of Us is a better series, despite only having two titles. You can tell Naughty Dog doesn't half-bake their products.

Imagine if Capcom took 7 years to develop an open world RE masterpiece. But they won't. That's too ambitious, when their aim is to release new games annually, or at least every other second year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

I will remain a fan of RE. But I don't want them messing it up anymore. 

To be honest, though, I think The Last of Us is a better series, despite only having two titles. You can tell Naughty Dog doesn't half-bake their products.

Imagine if Capcom took 7 years to develop an open world RE masterpiece. But they won't. That's too ambitious, when their aim is to release new games annually, or at least every other second year.

Exactly the point with them not trying too much to over push their games. It's all down to their greed just like EA is with making FIFA series always. You can't get enough of playing The Last of Us II. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2022 at 9:30 AM, Candy Stick said:

Truth be told, I was considering giving up talking about RE, maybe on the 14th. I'll make that my last day. 

I reckon I won't stick to it. But one reason I think I ought to quit, is that I think a lot of people on the Internet don't even support the older titles, and only like RE4 onwards, or RE7. So me posting the same old statements is like beating a dead horse.

Plus, I don't like donating to this one particular guy on YouTube anymore. When I donate on YouTube, I don't feel appreciated much now. And I don't really play a wide range of games either. Also had loads of personal issues. But I can't talk about that. 

You can talk to @Rain Dew about the RE series. She absolutely loves it, including the older titles. I think the only one she hasn't played is RE2 on N64.

Edited by The Blackangel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I came across Welcome to Raccoon City yesterday. Since I needed it for my top ten horror movies collection, I decided to purchase it. Not that I cared much for the Paul Anderson movies of the past.

Has anyone seen it yet? Why is Jill now Hispanic? 🤪

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

Has anyone seen it yet? Why is Jill now Hispanic? 🤪

 

Just for clarities sake, here's an image of the actress in question:

 

317004828_Hannah_John-Kamen_Ant-Man__The_Wasp_premiere.thumb.jpg.e0b1500c0a66227a3d9e09e15e9d1b26.jpg

 

That comment bothers me for two reasons

  1. The actor (Hannah John Kamen) is English and daughter to a Nigerian father and Norwegian mother. She's not Hispanic. All it took is a quick internet search.
  2.  Why should an actor's ethnicity matter in this circumstance anyway? I haven't seen the movie (and most likely won't given it's mediocre review scores) so I can't comment, but isn't his/her performance more important? If the actor in question delivers, that's what matters. I'm not a fan of what's often referred to as "white-washing" (although in this case it's more "darker-skinned washing", that's why I don't really like the term), that being changing a characters ethnicity without reason, but it really shouldn't matter in this case as Jill doesn't have to be pure white for the character to work in the plot. You can't, for example, cast Samuel L. Jackson as colonial slave owner or Ryan Reynolds as a Tibetan monk, that just wouldn't work, but in this instance I don't see why it should matter.
Edited by Shagger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

I came across Welcome to Raccoon City yesterday. Since I needed it for my top ten horror movies collection, I decided to purchase it. Not that I cared much for the Paul Anderson movies of the past.

Has anyone seen it yet? Why is Jill now Hispanic? 🤪

Eh, that movie kinda sucked, but I see they did a lot of things right. A lot of Easter eggs and such. The director is clearly a fan of the series, just not a very good director. Also that CGI, yikes. 

As for the casting, who gives a shit about their skin color or their ethnicity. The only issues I had with the cast were how lame Leon was and how Wesker didn't look or feel like Wesker at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Shagger said:

Why should an actor's ethnicity matter in this circumstance anyway? I haven't seen the movie (and most likely won't given it's mediocre review scores) so I can't comment, but isn't his/her performance more important? If the actor in question delivers, that's what matters. I'm not a fan of what's often referred to as "white-washing" (although in this case it's more "darker-skinned washing", that's why I don't really like the term), that being changing a characters ethnicity without reason, but it really shouldn't matter in this case as Jill doesn't have to be pure white for the character to work in the plot. You can't, for example, cast Samuel L. Jackson as colonial slave owner or Ryan Reynolds as a Tibetan monk, that just wouldn't work, but in this instance I don't see why it should matter.

 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

As for the casting, who gives a shit about their skin color or their ethnicity. The only issues I had with the cast were how lame Leon was and how Wesker didn't look or feel like Wesker at all. 

 

Thank you both! It shouldn't matter in the least how much pigment is in a persons skin, with exception of certain roles as @Shagger has already mentioned. You can't cast Samuel L. Jackson or Denzel Washington as rich plantation owners with 200 slaves circa 1835. That's not going to work. So in some instances, you need to pay due respect to the ethnicity and heritage of the actor to portray the role correctly and accurately. But for everything else, it simply DOES. NOT. MATTER.

If their ethnicity matters in an non ethnic role, then why not throw their sexuality and gender identity into the mix as well? Why? BECAUSE IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER.

Edited by The Blackangel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never played all the editions of RE, I have played some she some are still remaining for me. I've played from 1-6, watched 7-8 via trailers, yet to play 7-8 of RE games. 

Edited by Justin11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Rain Dew said:

Like @The Blackangel said I love most of the old RE games. There are one or two I don’t like mainly because of movement and controls. I just wish RE 7 and 8 were in third person. Here’s hoping any new RE release will be in third person. 

Yeah, that's for sure something that I'm looking forward to having Capcom do in their next release of RE to be in third person. I really prefer it more than 1st person shooting games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Candy Stick said:

Capcom and lawsuits are two inseparable friends because they are very good at copying other game's or concepts that's not their own without the owner's consent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...