Register Now
The Blackangel

Amazon Helping Researchers Find Ways To DIM THE SUN

I don't know how they are going about it and I'm sure there will be consequences for something like that. And imagine the greed that will confiscate this technology and use it for war to black out whole cities to starve them out so they can't grow food. All it takes is a little tweaking. Way to go mankind for another bandaid while industry is free to cut some more. 

Besides cutting back on chemicals that destroy ozone in industry, the best solution I see that should be researched is to recreate ozone into the areas that are destroyed. If that means building a tower that gets close to the ozone layer and spray some damn ozone there, then f****n do it. 

it would be completely illegal even if they did come up with something that worked, as it would affect the airspace of every sovereign nation on earth. And that's just if it's atmospheric in nature. If it was a more orbital based technology then there are treaties already in place ensuring that no one nation can exploit, or claim, anything in or beyond orbit. If they could, then every time a satellite passed over N. Korea they'd be allowed to shoot at it all they want.

On 6/6/2022 at 6:27 AM, Empire said:

It would be completely illegal even if they did come up with something that worked, as it would affect the airspace of every sovereign nation on earth. And that's just if it's atmospheric in nature. If it was a more orbital based technology then there are treaties already in place ensuring that no one nation can exploit, or claim, anything in or beyond orbit. If they could, then every time a satellite passed over N. Korea they'd be allowed to shoot at it all they want.

Also, dimming the sun would make winters more ferocious. It would kill millions in each country because humans are simply not equipped to deal with such winters. The entire world would be facing Antarctic conditions. Millions of animals would go extinct due to not being able to survive outdoors. It would kill off millions of species of flora as well. Doing such would simply be giving the planet a rocket booster aimed at extinction.

As for North Korea, they will shoot it down if they feel like it, illegal or not. They're not a part of any international treaties, so they have little to nothing to fear that would stop them. Kimmy's arrogance and narcissism would dictate whether he would destroy a satellite. If he did get caught he would just make up some lie, like saying that it was spying on them. Even the DirecTV satellite would be fair game and it's in orbit permanently above Texas. It doesn't circle the globe, it stays put. I know that because I used to have a job installing satellite TV for them. Weather satellites would be fair game too.

Edited by The Blackangel

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

Also, dimming the sun would make winters more ferocious. It would kill millions in each country because humans are simply not equipped to deal with such winters. The entire world would be facing Antarctic conditions. Millions of animals would go extinct due to not being able to survive outdoors. It would kill off millions of species of flora as well. Doing such would simply be giving the planet a rocket booster aimed at extinction.

As for North Korea, they will shoot it down if they feel like it, illegal or not. They're not a part of any international treaties, so they have little to nothing to fear that would stop them. Kimmy's arrogance and narcissism would dictate whether he would destroy a satellite. If he did get caught he would just make up some lie, like saying that it was spying on them. Even the DirecTV satellite would be fair game and it's in orbit permanently above Texas. It doesn't circle the globe, it stays put. I know that because I used to have a job installing satellite TV for them. Weather satellites would be fair game too.

I'll go ahead and say it right now - it's the dumbest thing I've seen a company trying to research and we've seen some pretty stupid ones over the years.

That's sounds ridiculous, the are trying to alter the state of our ecosystem as we know it. Instead of wasting time trying to dim the sun they should focus more on reducing our human activities that is currently affecting the atmosphere and depleting our ozone layers which helps to reduce the amount of sunlight that comes in contact with the Earth's surface.