Register Now
Kane99

The games you could get from food promotions

I'm sure a lot of contests like this occur today, but I was reminded of many contests I tried to enter as a kid. Collecting all the points on the back of the koolaid packets, that you had to collect to get prizes. I would try so hard to collect these points to get a prize from their catalog of prizes. I remember one year they were giving away a Gameboy Color for a certain amount of points collected. I never reached the amount needed sadly. I think I got a hat and a tshirt from there, so I didn't leave empty handed. 

Honestly I'm kinda interested in finding some of these pamphlets and catalogs of prizes just to have that nostalgia trip. 

This right here: 

5aa585df1fc600c19b1e093d24302b94.jpg

I used to collect those off the back of kool-aid packs just so I could get my hands on a gameboy. DId you guys ever get prizes like this from programs like that? What other games did you get? I got a Who wants to be a Millionaire PC game one year from lifesavers. We thought we won a car, sent the candy in and got the game instead. Parents never took a photo of it either, so we got screwed over I think. But yeah, these programs had so many video games and gaming devices. Sadly I never got any. 😞 

On 12/12/2021 at 5:03 AM, Kane99 said:

I'm sure a lot of contests like this occur today, but I was reminded of many contests I tried to enter as a kid. Collecting all the points on the back of the koolaid packets, that you had to collect to get prizes. I would try so hard to collect these points to get a prize from their catalog of prizes. I remember one year they were giving away a Gameboy Color for a certain amount of points collected. I never reached the amount needed sadly. I think I got a hat and a tshirt from there, so I didn't leave empty handed. 

Honestly I'm kinda interested in finding some of these pamphlets and catalogs of prizes just to have that nostalgia trip. 

This right here: 

I used to collect those off the back of kool-aid packs just so I could get my hands on a gameboy. DId you guys ever get prizes like this from programs like that? What other games did you get? I got a Who wants to be a Millionaire PC game one year from lifesavers. We thought we won a car, sent the candy in and got the game instead. Parents never took a photo of it either, so we got screwed over I think. But yeah, these programs had so many video games and gaming devices. Sadly I never got any. 😞 

I'm not sure if they still do that kind of promotion any more because if they do, a lot of people would definitely want to take advantage of it. 

On 12/12/2021 at 5:03 AM, Kane99 said:

This right here: 

I can tell very well that this would be very fun to do especially if you are able to reach the wining points required. 

As a child I won a treasure chest of games in a Captain Crunch promotion. sent in game piece and received a letter stating that they had mistakenly printed to many winners and was invited to enter the next promotional contest. Received nothing.

8 hours ago, Empire said:

As a child I won a treasure chest of games in a Captain Crunch promotion. sent in game piece and received a letter stating that they had mistakenly printed to many winners and was invited to enter the next promotional contest. Received nothing.

Are you kidding me? Isn't that a rip off when it comes to denying you? Couldn't they be sued? 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Are you kidding me? Isn't that a rip off when it comes to denying you? Couldn't they be sued? 

No point to sue them, they are just a big damn compnay you you be wasting your time. no idea who did win or got it. 

6 hours ago, Empire said:

No point to sue them, they are just a big damn compnay you you be wasting your time. no idea who did win or got it. 

Seriously, that's a complete nonsense. If they know they weren't ready to honor their word, why make it? Silly cunts!!! 

10 hours ago, Empire said:

So, they simply wasted everyone's time like it's their right to do so and get away with it. Wankers!! 

On 1/25/2022 at 12:54 PM, Heatman said:

It's really a big shame that a company would up and do that kind of thing, being that it's even something that they can afford to do with ease but choose not to. 

EA and Ubisoft are two useless companies that I'm very sure that would be capable of doing that same thing in this our modern time because they are run by greedy freaks. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

EA and Ubisoft are two useless companies that I'm very sure that would be capable of doing that same thing in this our modern time because they are run by greedy freaks. 

Seriously, it's something that they are very capable of doing, there is no doubt about that. EA have lost all its values a very long time ago. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's something that they are very capable of doing, there is no doubt about that. EA have lost all its values a very long time ago. 

They recently canceled one their proposed Harry Potter game or something. It shows well how they are full of shit, maybe they lost their touch of money with the game.