Register Now
Techno

MCU Phase 1 Review: Iron Man

This is my first part of the MCU phase 1 review, I will be doing all 6 films, and then rank the films

SPOLIER WARNING

Iron Man was the first MCU movie, it was a big risk for Marvel. If Iron Man wasn't the success that it was, Marvel would have most likely died. So how is Iron Man? It's the best Phase 1 film, that's for sure.

The Story: The plot can be summed up in one sentence; rich guy learns to be nice. It works fine for the story, the simple story of the film makes it easy to watch, but it's definitely not the best story out of the MCU. (3/5)

The Characters: Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark/Iron Man) steals the show, he adds so much humor and charm to the film, the rest of the characters are portrayed well, but none of them have that charm that Downey has. (4/5)

The Villain: Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger is a really bad villain, his motives are one-note, and he doesn't feel like a threat. The side villains are uninteresting terrorists. Defiantly the weakest area of the film. (1/5)

The Soundtrack: The music is fine, it has nothing special, nor does anything special. (3/5)

The Importance: Iron Man is the first MCU film, it is also introduces Iron Man, Nick Fury, and The Ten Rings, it plays a super important role as the introduction to the MCU (which it does very well), overall it's the right amount of importance while not being confusing. (5/5)

Final Thoughts: Iron Man is a well acted, well made movie, it's got a great main character, but the villains are awful.

Final Score: 4/5

58 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I  dont think Iron monger was a bad or weak villan. It did had a good motive and a good final fight. But on Iron Man 2 whiplash was terrible, that was a weak ass villan who was just a copy of the first movie.

The final fight was okay in my opinion, I liked seeing Pepper Potts straight up kill him. But Iron Monger just didn't work for me. I just more interested in deeper villains, like Thanos or Vulture. Unless they go above and beyond in making the viewer fear them, like Darth Vader or Joker.

1 hour ago, Techno said:

The final fight was okay in my opinion, I liked seeing Pepper Potts straight up kill him. But Iron Monger just didn't work for me. I just more interested in deeper villains, like Thanos or Vulture. Unless they go above and beyond in making the viewer fear them, like Darth Vader or Joker.

Well I mean this is the iron man series we are talking about. Iron monger had to be the first one, and that is really as deep as obadiah stein as villan goes. He never really had much to begin with other than greed and jealousy. Even at his best story arc you cant expect him to be at the level of any of those guys.