Register Now
Kane99

Tactical Shooter Ready Or Not Loses Publisher After Dev Promises School Shooting Mission

6 hours ago, m76 said:

I hate to use the word community, because that suggests they are somehow all the same and must act as a group rather than individuals. It's like saying the straight community, there is no such thing as a straight community, I Have nothing in common with most other straight people. So why should there be an LGBTQ community? Where everyone who is not straight is lumped together as if they are indistinguishable from each other. To me this seems more homophobic than any stupid game can ever be.

So what are we then? A ravenous pack? In need of an extermination squad after us? The scum of society?

Community suggests that we are human beings that support each other. But wait, we're not a community because your bigotry says so. I guess we now need to hold an international meeting, and between all the butt fucking and pussy eating, figure out what we are. That's the action we need to take, right? You could lead it since you're the one who gets the final and supreme vote. But you'll have to wait a bit for the guys to take of their bras and panties so they can bang each other, and the women take off their lumberjack clothes to eat each other out. Because that's what we all are. Sex crazed perverts.

I get heated on this kind of bigotry. We're already an oppressed community due to rampant bigotry and overzealous conservatism. We have fought for decades to be treated as human beings, with little success. In the last 4 years, here in the states, we actually lost a lot of our rights. Including the right to be people. We were classified as an "unperson". Which in turn, made it legal to kill us with little to no consequences.

And it's because of people like you. We're trying to drive ice cars through Hell, and you're laughing at us for our attempts. Because of people like you, I feel like Sisyphus.

🖕

19 hours ago, m76 said:

One does not follow the other.  Just because I don't want something to be censored / banned doesn't mean I think it's a good idea. If something is distasteful and has no artistic value the audience will call it out, it doesn't need to be censored because word of mouth will prevail.

Bad games should be put out in the open to be ridiculed. If it's banned the creator can claim it was the best game ever, and nobody can call them bluff. If it's in the open everyone can see it for what it is.

As the saying goes: I might disapprove of what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

20 hours ago, m76 said:

This is exactly what political correctness is, avoiding topics that are sensitive, so to not offend anyone.
How can you have thought provoking games if you refuse to put out something because it might upset someone?

Who decides what is bad taste and what is not? Let the audience decide if they want a game that tackles this topic.

You may say that one side is insensitive and the other is politically correct, but ironically, the more insensitive people get, then the more sensitive other people get. And those insensitive people want to allow all poison to circulate the air and let it vent on its own. While those sensitive people want to prevent the poison from spreading in the first place. A publisher dropping a developer doesn’t mean they can’t find someone else, so no freedom has been violated. Whatever the hell political correctness even means these days, I’m starting to think the meaning has changed. So way to go for the publisher for being ‘politically correct’ if the meaning now means that you have a moral standard, neutrality, empathy. And those insensitive un-empathetic types that simply want society to suffer and become outraged instead of preventing it in the first place are what I will now call ‘politically incorrect.'

As far as the SWAT game goes, it seems they want to exploit a sensitive issue for promotion. Yes, it is a real life issue, but they also have a choice to leave off the mission if it means losing a publisher over it if that was the reason. They may have the right to expression, and others have the right of choice not to publish it, whether that be political correctness, ‘neo political correctness’ or protecting their assets. I say neo political correctness because the term has been perverted to mean ‘social justice warrior’ as anti SJW propaganda. You say to let them release it and spread and then let the people decide. Now why would a business put their reputation on the line for bad taste? Don’t they have a right to decide what to publish as part of their portfolio? Censorship would be when the government forces a publisher to not publish something. And there is such a thing as ‘reverse censorship’ when governments try to force the banning of censorship for the reason to allow bigotry into the public.

In the state of Florida they tried to ban Facebook from being able to censor politicians at a time when controversies and misinformation was being given about the pandemic, inciting violence, and election conspiracies. That’s a dangerous example of ‘reverse censorship.’ So you may call the right of Facebook censorship as being politically correct, but it’s actually safety precaution. Not to defend Facebook, because they sure as hell let a lot of dangerous rhetoric slip; but obviously politicians have a greater responsibility and shouldn’t have the right to spread dangerous lies and conspiracies and a company not have the right to censor it. 

On 12/24/2021 at 7:50 AM, Kane99 said:

Well that was a dumb move. The developer of Ready Or Not, most likely lost their publisher because they said they would include a school shooter mission. 

It was said In a reddit post that has since been removed. For those who don't know, ready or not is a swat tactical game. The objective is not to kill unless you have to. So as you can see, pretty messed up. The publisher team17 didn't say why they dropped the devs, but it's probably due to that. 

Source - https://www.gamespot.com/articles/tactical-shooter-ready-or-not-loses-publisher-after-dev-promises-school-shooting-mission/1100-6499236/?TheTime=2021-12-23T19%3A36%3A55&PostType=link&ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0a&UniqueID=AF7BB190-6427-11EC-BE24-B5FF15F31EAE&ServiceType=facebook_page

As far as I'm concerned, this is not something good and if I were the publisher, I'd do exactly the same thing by removing myself from the mess that's brewing.