Register Now
Kane99

Guillermo Del Toro won't be developing video games again

Well that sucks. I think Guillermo Del Toro could add a lot to gaming with his brilliant storytelling and style. I hope he reconsiders his decision. Cause I'd like to see him staying in the gaming world. What do you guys think?

Source- https://www.bignewsnetwork.com/news/272030930/guillermo-del-toro-wont-be-developing-video-games-again

Edited by Kane99

Oh well. There are enough creative people in the industry who are unknown. Del Toro having zero experience, yet being able to co-direct a video game doesn't exactly sound promising. I love his movies, and especially his eye for creating strange characters, but felt like his name on Silent Hills was more for publicity. Do you really think Kojima would ever make a game that he didn't have 100% control over?

On 12/27/2021 at 7:58 AM, skyfire said:

I think it's his choice and personal choice is kind of respected in industry. Sometimes you can't do much in terms of just funding it and losing money. If you have no heart in it personally it's not worth it. 

No one likes to lose money for any reason whatsoever and it's probably part of the reason why this decision was made.