Register Now
Kane99

Students will play video games as part of their curriculum at Japan's first esports high school

It will be interesting to see how this pans out in the future. Whilst as a kid it would be pretty cool, I'm not sure spending some school time on eSports is going to help much in the future especially as the eSports and content creator market is highly saturated right now.

3 hours ago, Darth said:

It will be interesting to see how this pans out in the future. Whilst as a kid it would be pretty cool, I'm not sure spending some school time on eSports is going to help much in the future especially as the eSports and content creator market is highly saturated right now.

If they are investing so much like they are planning to on this project, I know that they are very going to find a way to make it happen and that's if they don't have it already. 

Looking at the classroom and the webpage, everything about it looks like an expensive meme. The chairs are just about the only thing that make this look believable; comfortable, breathable, and encourage good posture. The Razer headsets, the vastly overspec'd PCs (part of eSport entry appeal is the low-spec requirements?), and neon-glitchy aesthetic makes me think they've wasted a lot of money. On the one hand I hope the school can get its money back for all this expensive equipment, and on the other hand I don't particularly want them to if their students get burned by not being good enough.

The only hope I have is that they're encouraging good conduct, like healthy lifestyle choices, physical and mental checkups and work-life balance. There is also the fact that this may prepare them for careers elsewhere in games design, rather than just playing for cash prizes.

Edited by Withywarlock

The country got vision, without that they wouldn't consider implementing art of playing video games as subject in the class room. They believe that sooner or later video game will come to be a major source of business that drives millions of dollars in, just as Brazil empowered it's citizens to play soccer.