Register Now
StaceyPowers

More games should let you remove quests from your quest list

On 12/29/2021 at 8:27 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Does anyone else find it super annoying that most games do not let you remove quests you will never, ever do from your quest list? In fact, I haven’t played any game that lets you clear out quest list clutter.

There is no justification for allowing that to be removed because it's going to make it useless having it in the game in the first place. 

Well yeah, if they are side quests or quests you don't need to complete the game, then for sure. But, I love side quests. It gives you more to do in the game. But I understand wanting to stop seeing those missions. I know in Skyrim and some other games you can mark the quest you want to do. So I'd like that system is most games. 

8 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Well yeah, if they are side quests or quests you don't need to complete the game, then for sure. But, I love side quests. It gives you more to do in the game. But I understand wanting to stop seeing those missions. I know in Skyrim and some other games you can mark the quest you want to do. So I'd like that system is most games. 

The useless one's should be meant to come off because they don't hold much relevance to game's build up in my opinion. 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

What's the essence of making a side quest that's not relevant to the game's completion to begin with? Are they really necessary? 

On 1/25/2022 at 9:24 AM, Boblee said:

There are definitely items to pick up from the side quests and it can actually be fun if the side quests are made well. 

I can absolutely agree with that about getting into side quests that are fun and interesting. It gives another side view into the game. 

On 1/24/2022 at 2:41 PM, Boblee said:

The useless one's should be meant to come off because they don't hold much relevance to game's build up in my opinion. 

Those side quests help out a lot though in terms of upgrading your character, vehicles or whatever else the game allows you to do. Think Cyberpunk 2077. Doing sidequests help a lot with growing your character. Skipping them is fine, but you may not be at your best potential when you go up to the main story. 

53 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Those side quests help out a lot though in terms of upgrading your character, vehicles or whatever else the game allows you to do. Think Cyberpunk 2077. Doing sidequests help a lot with growing your character. Skipping them is fine, but you may not be at your best potential when you go up to the main story. 

I totally agree with you here. When it helps to build up your character to the standard it makes the gameplay a little more fun for you and not too difficult because of what your character is capable of, it does have good relevance to the game. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I never really got to play Cyberpunk 2077 after how its release dragged on for too long and coming out the way that it did. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

I never really got to play Cyberpunk 2077 after how its release dragged on for too long and coming out the way that it did. 

Most of my friends dropped the game and never got it back. Some of them even asked for refunds on the game which they got.