Register Now
StaceyPowers

How common is problem gaming?

So the topic is video game addiction. For sure there are many out there who are addicted to gaming. I wouldn't say I'm addicted, as I don't game as much as I'd like to. I maybe game a few hours a week at the moment. Just too busy and lazy to other times. 

But yeah, there are clear cases of addiction. It's mainly because the person gaming, probably has an addictive nature to begin with. So it's kinda to be expected. Gaming can keep your interest for long hours, it has for me. But I usually know when it's time to call it. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

The guy who have a gaming collection that's worth $1.6 million dollars says hello 😂

Haha, that really hits very hard. I never saw that one coming. It's like getting clocked with a southpaw 😂

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

So the topic is video game addiction. For sure there are many out there who are addicted to gaming. I wouldn't say I'm addicted, as I don't game as much as I'd like to. I maybe game a few hours a week at the moment. Just too busy and lazy to other times. 

But yeah, there are clear cases of addiction. It's mainly because the person gaming, probably has an addictive nature to begin with. So it's kinda to be expected. Gaming can keep your interest for long hours, it has for me. But I usually know when it's time to call it. 

Yeah, it's all about gaming addiction and a sort of a research into it. As for how you play, you still have control over your habits and it's the only reason why you are doing just fine. 

On 1/26/2022 at 5:47 PM, Kane99 said:

At least 3 of my friends from back in the days in college are critically addicted to playing video games. They have been admitted once but it's not enough to solve the problem for them. 

15 hours ago, Boblee said:

At least 3 of my friends from back in the days in college are critically addicted to playing video games. They have been admitted once but it's not enough to solve the problem for them. 

Addiction in anything is very bad and not just in playing video games. I think that being addicted to drugs is the worst of them all. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

Addiction in anything is very bad and not just in playing video games. I think that being addicted to drugs is the worst of them all. 

Yeah, drug addiction is definitely the worst of them all because it can get you killed if you happen to overdose on it. 

On 1/25/2022 at 7:24 AM, Heatman said:

There is nothing that's too small for addiction to do when it comes to how powerful it can be. 

Yes, that's the negative impact of addiction towards an individual's lifestyle. Mine nearly took a toll too towards my education had it been my parents never intervened due to excessive video games. 

On 1/27/2022 at 12:13 PM, Boblee said:

Damn, that's scary. I've never met anyone who was so addicted they needed help. But there are for sure people out there who do need help. 

20 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, that's the negative impact of addiction towards an individual's lifestyle. Mine nearly took a toll too towards my education had it been my parents never intervened due to excessive video games. 

You're lucky that it was obvious for your parents to find out because some addiction gets the person depressed and he locks up till its too late. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

You're lucky that it was obvious for your parents to find out because some addiction gets the person depressed and he locks up till its too late. 

Very correct, I am happy my parents rescued me when it was getting out of control for me. At this period, I have control over myself when it comes to gaming. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

I think that depression is a lot worse than addiction because it takes longer before an addict would commit suicide unlike those suffering from depression. 

Depression is a silent killer, give it an inch, it's going to take a mile.