Register Now
StaceyPowers

How common is problem gaming?

I will have to question research coming out of a highly religious institution like Brigham Young University. There is no doubt some people get addicted to gaming, but what are the real underlining issues? That's what research should be about. Otherwise, I assume there are a variety of discrepancies and bias that countries like China will use to ban gaming. And when church and state becomes one in the USA, we should be seeing Chinese laws coming in place. So expect gaming to get banned, that's after the NFT's make a fortune before it all gets burned to the ground. We will go back to playing Jacks in between praying sessions. 

On 1/16/2022 at 9:10 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I will have to question research coming out of a highly religious institution like Brigham Young University. There is no doubt some people get addicted to gaming, but what are the real underlining issues? That's what research should be about. Otherwise, I assume there are a variety of discrepancies and bias that countries like China will use to ban gaming. And when church and state becomes one in the USA, we should be seeing Chinese laws coming in place. So expect gaming to get banned, that's after the NFT's make a fortune before it all gets burned to the ground. We will go back to playing Jacks in between praying sessions. 

Even if people are banned from gaming just like it's done to some kids in China, I don't really think that it's going to stop people from playing games completely. 

On 1/19/2022 at 12:05 PM, Boblee said:

Even if people are banned from gaming just like it's done to some kids in China, I don't really think that it's going to stop people from playing games completely. 

Seriously, it's definitely not going to stop people from playing games, they will definitely find a way to play even when they know the consequences of doing that. 

On 1/15/2022 at 2:38 AM, Boblee said:

There is no denying the fact that video games can be very addictive for most people especially teens. Some of my friends got hit so bad they needed therapy to get better. 

It affected me too, when I was growing up, when me and my friends in high school will sneek out in order to battle ourselves out via efootball game. It made my study to take a toll during those times, I needed an intervention from my parents to sit up in my academics. 

Edited by Justin11

19 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

It affected me too, when I was growing up, when me and my friends in high school will sneek out in order to battle ourselves out via efootball game. It made my study to take a toll during those times, I needed an intervention from my parents to sit up in my academics. 

Once you allow your gaming habits to interfere with your education activities, it's definitely going to wreck it no matter what you do in the end. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Once you allow your gaming habits to interfere with your education activities, it's definitely going to wreck it no matter what you do in the end. 

That's it, that's childish mentality for me then. I am happy now that video games never ruined my educational activities. 

14 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

That's it, that's childish mentality for me then. I am happy now that video games never ruined my educational activities. 

There is no doubt it wouldn't have been a thing of stupidity if you were to let that happen. A guy in my neighborhood dropped out of school as a result of gaming addiction. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

There is no doubt it wouldn't have been a thing of stupidity if you were to let that happen. A guy in my neighborhood dropped out of school as a result of gaming addiction. 

That's weird, to have allowed video games eat up his mind to forfeit his educational career. Did it happen during his high school days or tertiary institution time? 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's weird, to have allowed video games eat up his mind to forfeit his educational career. Did it happen during his high school days or tertiary institution time? 

There is nothing that's too small for addiction to do when it comes to how powerful it can be. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

I know few who are into the games in item buy attitude. I think they end up finishing many games as it is.

Those are basically game's collectors. Those items collected are far more important to them than any other thing in the entire gameplay.