Register Now
StaceyPowers

What are some older games that still don’t feel dated to you?

7 hours ago, Clasher said:

Wow, you still have your Gameboy, I lost mine some years ago. I wish I still had it though because Gameboy formed a huge part of my earliest memories with video games.

Yeah, it's still with me and I'm making sure that nothing happens to it because it's a huge part of my old days which I don't want to forget in a rush. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's a game that's being 15 years in the making. It's been an old and exciting game to play. The adventure part of the game is always thrilling to play. 

That's why I have so much love for adventure video games. The level of exploration you have in the game will always make it fun to play all the time. 

16 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

That's why I have so much love for adventure video games. The level of exploration you have in the game will always make it fun to play all the time. 

It's even more appealing to me when it's a survival adventure old games. It's among my favorite game genres whatever they are old or new video games. 

On 6/13/2022 at 8:27 PM, Aniekwe said:

Yeah, it's still with me and I'm making sure that nothing happens to it because it's a huge part of my old days which I don't want to forget in a rush. 

Cherish it mate, started collecting consoles and I might go in search of the Gameboy soon. Planning on opening a Gaming shop where game lovers can come and experience some old time memories by playing game with consoles that goes way back.

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's even more appealing to me when it's a survival adventure old games. It's among my favorite game genres whatever they are old or new video games. 

It never gets better than that. I feel like developers pay more attention to such kind of games when they are making it than other games. 

11 hours ago, Clasher said:

Cherish it mate, started collecting consoles and I might go in search of the Gameboy soon. Planning on opening a Gaming shop where game lovers can come and experience some old time memories by playing game with consoles that goes way back.

It matters a lot to me and it's why I'm not being careless with using it. I still enjoy playing Final Fantasy Adventure, Mega Man 5, Balloon Kid and Wario Land on it. 

3 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

It matters a lot to me and it's why I'm not being careless with using it. I still enjoy playing Final Fantasy Adventure, Mega Man 5, Balloon Kid and Wario Land on it. 

Those games you mentioned were epic when I still had my Game boy. Just thinking about it right now makes me nostalgic.

Edited by Clasher

12 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

I must commend guys like you for being this shrewd with keeping your old gaming system like Gameboy still in good condition. I can't even recall what happened to mine. It's either it was stolen or I had it misplaced and it was lost. 

10 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I must commend guys like you for being this shrewd with keeping your old gaming system like Gameboy still in good condition. I can't even recall what happened to mine. It's either it was stolen or I had it misplaced and it was lost. 

I learnt how to be that careful with my gaming system from my uncle who still owns his Atari console and still plays with it. He's more into retro games than new games. All his old gaming systems (Sega, Atari, Gameboy) are still in good playing condition. 

On 6/16/2022 at 9:41 AM, Aniekwe said:

I learnt how to be that careful with my gaming system from my uncle who still owns his Atari console and still plays with it. He's more into retro games than new games. All his old gaming systems (Sega, Atari, Gameboy) are still in good playing condition. 

One of my best old games on Sega Genesis which I still play on the console is Castlevania : Bloodlines. It's one of the best in the game's series before Symphony of the Night. 

Mortal 2 still remains one of my best fighting games on Sega Genesis. Blood colour was usually green in the game but getting it on red in the game made it more appealing. 

Streets of Rage 2 is another one that still feels good like a new one whenever I decide to go back on retro game playing on my Sega Genesis. 

I played Odin Sphere recently on Playstation 2 and the 2D side scrolling game had the same effect it did on me when I played it in 2008. I was practically lost in the game for hours without knowing it. 

11 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Mortal 2 still remains one of my best fighting games on Sega Genesis. Blood colour was usually green in the game but getting it on red in the game made it more appealing. 

Streets of Rage 2 is another one that still feels good like a new one whenever I decide to go back on retro game playing on my Sega Genesis. 

Was there ever a mortal 2 in Sega Genesis, or are you referring to something else.