Register Now
Kid Dynamite

Disappointing Game Sequels?

Driver 3 was a buggy mess and even had more horrible controls. 

Mass effect andromeda was quite the disappointment. When talking bioware surely dragon age 2 should be worth mentioned eventough i liked it for what it is.

And the biggest Disappointment of them all : Shenmue 3, where do we even start with this one ugh.

48 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

Driver 3 was a buggy mess and even had more horrible controls. 

Mass effect andromeda was quite the disappointment. When talking bioware surely dragon age 2 should be worth mentioned eventough i liked it for what it is.

And the biggest Disappointment of them all : Shenmue 3, where do we even start with this one ugh.

I still have some nostalgia for that game. Even though it was a buggy mess, I remember the physics in some places were pretty decent. Idk, I think it was the house you had in game. I just thought it was so cool that the items in his house were like breakable. Like cups, vases, etc. But it was pretty impressive to me at the time for a PS2/Xbox game. 

But yeah, I still enjoyed the game somehow. It was awful, but I was always a Driver fan, so I put up with it lol. 

17 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

.....  biggest Disappointment of them all : Shenmue 3, where do we even start with this one ugh.

Seriously, I'm trying to understand why they made Shenmue 3, in the first place because the game have got nothing to write home about. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, I'm trying to understand why they made Shenmue 3, in the first place because the game have got nothing to write home about. 

Some of these companies don't care about how their games are going to affect gamers but only have eyes on their money. 

20 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Some of these companies don't care about how their games are going to affect gamers but only have eyes on their money. 

True that, but shenmue 3 was pretty much made with kickstarter backing from fans consider it more off a passion project.

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

Well the atmosphere was right, i really felt like being in 80ies china. All the rest was just such a chore to play.

21 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Never played it. But I tried to play the first game on the recently released HD remaster set. I couldn't get into it. Maybe it's because I'm so used to modern controls now. But idk, I just can't see myself finishing it. 

4 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Well the atmosphere was right, i really felt like being in 80ies china. All the rest was just such a chore to play.

Yeah, the aesthetics of the game seemed about right. It's the only good thing that I can really recall in the game. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, the aesthetics of the game seemed about right. It's the only good thing that I can really recall in the game. 

Yeah, that's for a fact something that I enjoyed in the game by a long shot. I think graphics is always easy to get right. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's for a fact something that I enjoyed in the game by a long shot. I think graphics is always easy to get right. 

Sometimes, they really know what they are doing with their game's development and most times, they lose it.