Register Now
Kid Dynamite

Disappointing Game Sequels?

On 2/3/2022 at 1:56 PM, Boblee said:

Duke Nukem Forever was really a big deal crap of disappointment with how the gameplay represented nothing worth playing when it came out in 2011.

Yup, I remember playing the demo for it and thinking this looks gross. Lol it didn't look good. But I am kinds tempted to try it out again just for the hell of it. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yup, I remember playing the demo for it and thinking this looks gross. Lol it didn't look good. But I am kinds tempted to try it out again just for the hell of it. 

Personally, I don't really think that it's something that I would be open to trying out again. I think that one time is enough for me. 

17 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It's definitely going to be a waste of time for you. It was never good in the first play out and it's certainly not going to be any different now. 

On 2/3/2022 at 1:48 AM, Kid Dynamite said:

For me it's FF X-2. I didn't like one thing about it.

I don't really classify FFX-2 as disappointing.  It was the first project to come out of Squaresoft's merger with Enix and they needed something that would generate some revenue quickly.  It's wasn't as good as it's predecessor of course but if you ask me, it seemed obvious from the get go that not as much was going to be put into it anyway.  The quality was lower but my expectations were also lower.

Despite this, I also don't think it's as bad as most people say it is.  It's certainly not the worst of the main console/PC Final Fantasy releases (looks over at Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII).  The story was lame but it had an innovative and surprisingly deep combat system with a ton of variety.

Just now, Crazycrab said:

I don't really classify FFX-2 as disappointing.  It was the first project to come out of Squaresoft's merger with Enix and they needed something that would generate some revenue quickly.  It's wasn't as good as it's predecessor of course but if you ask me, it seemed obvious from the get go that not as much was going to be put into it anyway.  The quality was lower but my expectations were also lower.

Despite this, I also don't think it's as bad as most people say it is.  It's certainly not the worst of the main console/PC Final Fantasy releases (looks over at Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII).  The story was lame but it had an innovative and surprisingly deep combat system with a ton of variety.

Seriously, the deep combat system is part of what made the video game stood out for me in ways that I could never imagined it to do for me. 

23 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's definitely going to be a waste of time for you. It was never good in the first play out and it's certainly not going to be any different now. 

Seriously, it's a complete waste of time that can be used to play other video games that are really worth the play.