Register Now
NightmareFarm

I think this generation of gaming will be much better than the last

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

If Crystal Dynamics even have the game released in 2023, it will definitely be too rushed. Some reports suggest it may get to 2025 before it's officially ready. 

https://www.ginx.tv/en/video-games/new-tomb-raider-announced

Thanks for sharing the link, because I learnt something after reading the information. Yeah, the game wouldn't be rushed by Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics, 2025-2026 wouldn't take too long to come by. 

20 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Thanks for sharing the link, because I learnt something after reading the information. Yeah, the game wouldn't be rushed by Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics, 2025-2026 wouldn't take too long to come by. 

Exactly!! So, the expectation on the release of the New Tomb Raider game should be in at least 3 years time from now. 

On 5/1/2022 at 11:04 PM, Heatman said:

Exactly!! So, the expectation on the release of the New Tomb Raider game should be in at least 3 years time from now. 

No problem, I'll keep the wait on, hoping that the game will be available when the time comes right. 

On 5/3/2022 at 9:26 AM, Justin11 said:

No problem, I'll keep the wait on, hoping that the game will be available when the time comes right. 

As far as I know, there is no harm that comes from waiting on any game. We have been waiting for God of War Ragnarok for a while now right? 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

As far as I know, there is no harm that comes from waiting on any game. We have been waiting for God of War Ragnarok for a while now right? 

Yeah, no harm at all. God of war Ragnarok doesn't specify any date of it's release, so we keep waiting for the game to get released soon. 

On 2/18/2022 at 7:59 PM, NightmareFarm said:

We can now choose whether to prioritise frame rate or graphics(so in effect, 60fps is available on pretty much any game rather than 30fps being on everything), load times are very fast in comparison to having to wait minutes for screens to load on 8th gen(cough cough DMC5, FFXV), haptic feedback/adaptive triggers(if you're on PS5) and gaming in general is better. It feels like there's been more creative, varied and uniue games coming out lately whereas in the 2010s it felt more corporate and there were too many souls clones and sony movie games which stole all of the spotlight. Many games in 8th gen just felt stiff. Devs haven't even scratched the surface of the power of the 9th gen consoles but it's already a big improvement. 

Playstation 5 is doing quite well in that aspect already when it comes to how games have been improved on the platform. Do I need to mention VR headsets improving influence as well? 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Playstation 5 is doing quite well in that aspect already when it comes to how games have been improved on the platform. Do I need to mention VR headsets improving influence as well? 

Yeah, PS5 has brought about various significant gameplay improvements across the board. 

It would be nice if later on in the gen they bring out haptic vests. It sounds crazy but it's worth a try. It would compliment VR and Haptic controllers well for a full immersive experience. 

On 5/5/2022 at 12:46 PM, NightmareFarm said:

Yeah, PS5 has brought about various significant gameplay improvements across the board. 

It would be nice if later on in the gen they bring out haptic vests. It sounds crazy but it's worth a try. It would compliment VR and Haptic controllers well for a full immersive experience. 

They are working up on a lot of things nicely, so it's only time that's going to be tell what the future is going to look like with the advancement we have on our hands. 

4 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I believe more features around video games are reserved for the future. If they do all the improvement now, what improvement do we expect to see in the next generation of games?

You can look at what VR adds to the mix right now, then you should have a glimpse of what's in store of us. 

When I was getting into gaming and had an Amstrad CPC you could buy LOTS of games on tape for £2-3 each, so you weren't particularly limited for affordable options, and through the 90's demo discs on magazines and shareware titles were really widely available, so a massive part of my youth was either playing cheap CPC games (Zub, Dizzy and the like) or shareware or demos off gaming mags, often from a shared pool of discs between friends. We didn't have much cash so full-price games were fairly rare acquisitions, but there were still loads of options and, although you had to be cautious about viruses, freeware/shareware didn't feel anything like as predatory as "free" games do now.

5 hours ago, Empire said:

When I was getting into gaming and had an Amstrad CPC you could buy LOTS of games on tape for £2-3 each, so you weren't particularly limited for affordable options, and through the 90's demo discs on magazines and shareware titles were really widely available, so a massive part of my youth was either playing cheap CPC games (Zub, Dizzy and the like) or shareware or demos off gaming mags, often from a shared pool of discs between friends. We didn't have much cash so full-price games were fairly rare acquisitions, but there were still loads of options and, although you had to be cautious about viruses, freeware/shareware didn't feel anything like as predatory as "free" games do now.

They call it free to play games but there are money grabbing traps set up for gamers to spend more than they ever planned on when getting into the game. 

On 5/14/2022 at 7:46 AM, Heatman said:

You can look at what VR adds to the mix right now, then you should have a glimpse of what's in store of us. 

VR, powers Metaverse and has made video game look like the reality scene, since you can communicate normally in the virtual world like you're doing in the real world. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

VR, powers Metaverse and has made video game look like the reality scene, since you can communicate normally in the virtual world like you're doing in the real world. 

I haven't started using VR headset to play any video games yet but I'm looking forward to it probably when I get my PS5. 

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

I haven't started using VR headset to play any video games yet but I'm looking forward to it probably when I get my PS5. 

When are you going to get this PS5? you've always express your admiration for the console, I believe you've set plans aside for the console.