Register Now
Techno

Russia Invaded Ukraine

In a surprising turn of events that no one could have possibly expected, Russia has invaded the regions of  Donetsk and Luhansk. Both regions have been declared independent countries by Russia. In response to this act of aggression, Germany has shut down Nord Stream 2 pipeline. A ton of sanctions will begin to flood into Russia.

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60468237

Why was that pipeline even being built in the first place giving Russia an advantage over European gas? I think all trade with Russia should cease and turn them into N. Korea and starve them out so that Russian citizens will revolt against Putin. But they will just find trade else where. And Germany can't send Ukraine weapons because of laws from WW2 era. Why doesn't NATO go ahead and bring Ukraine into full NATO membership and join forces? 

21 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

It's terrible thing going on between those two country, they should find a way to resolve issues, so, it doesn't cross boundary to avoid 3rd world war breaking out. 

Nobody wants a third world war and I hope it never comes, but Russia broke international law and if there is no consequences, then it's free for all to enter the imperial age again. 

8 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Nobody wants a third world war and I hope it never comes, but Russia broke international law and if there is no consequences, then it's free for all to enter the imperial age again. 

Most of the world is kinda done with Imperialism, expansion became too costly and deadly. It's all about trade now.

6 minutes ago, Techno said:

Most of the world is kinda done with Imperialism, expansion became too costly and deadly. It's all about trade now.

Not necessarily because China has been taking over the S. China sea and antagonizing other Asian countries while also having their eye on Taiwan. Taiwan is Russia's Ukraine. This sort of thing is not going to stop at all and NATO really needs to take a stand for international law. Or we could just let them do whatever they want and ww3 will get forced on us all eventually anyways. So either way, conflict will come. It's a matter of who will be better prepared for it. So the NATO Missile Defense System that keeps getting postponed due to Russia's opposition should go ahead and get finished since Russia is going to do whatever they want anyways. 

20 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

It's terrible thing going on between those two country, they should find a way to resolve issues, so, it doesn't cross boundary to avoid 3rd world war breaking out. 

It's far too late for that now. Guess we should get ready for the draft.

19 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Not necessarily because China has been taking over the S. China sea and antagonizing other Asian countries while also having their eye on Taiwan. Taiwan is Russia's Ukraine. This sort of thing is not going to stop at all and NATO really needs to take a stand for international law. Or we could just let them do whatever they want and ww3 will get forced on us all eventually anyways. So either way, conflict will come. It's a matter of who will be better prepared for it. So the NATO Missile Defense System that keeps getting postponed due to Russia's opposition should go ahead and get finished since Russia is going to do whatever they want anyways. 

Yeah I can't argue with that, Russia declared war and has now fully invaded. I suspect the hydrogen tank has exploded, and everything has fully began to go down.

UPDATE: Russia has declared war on Ukraine, they have launched missiles at the capital Kyiv, targeting military defenses.  In other regions, Belarus has reportedly invaded as well, although it may just be Russian troops entering thought Belarus. Around forty people are confirmed dead. Russian tanks have been spotted entering near Kharkiv, and there are reports of a landing happening in Odessa, although that has apparently been denied.

I will update this thread when enough information is available.

Edited by Techno

11 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Why is Russia in Chernobyl? It’s a contaminant power plant and pretty much an exclusion zone. 

Either they are passing though, or your confusing Kyiv with Kyiv Oblast. I'm not that informed on Oblasts, but I think their like States or Providences. Russia is attacking Ukraine's capital city, which is not where Chernobyl is. 

34 minutes ago, Techno said:

Either they are passing though, or your confusing Kyiv with Kyiv Oblast. I'm not that informed on Oblasts, but I think their like States or Providences. Russia is attacking Ukraine's capital city, which is not where Chernobyl is. 

Russian troops are seizing the Chernobyl power plant too according to Ukraine president. What is their intention at that hazardous site? 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russian-troops-chernobyl-nuclear-plant-ukraine/

Edited by Reality vs Adventure

4 hours ago, Techno said:

It's far too late for that now. Guess we should get ready for the draft.

I heard recently where Ukrainian President told his Ukrainian inhabitants to get prepared to defend what belongs to their country. I just hope it doesn't cause serious war.