Register Now
Jayson

Not Everyone Worldwide Condemns Putin

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/in-some-parts-of-the-world-the-war-in-ukraine-seems-justified/ar-AAVbuTJ?ocid=msedgntp

A lot of people simply respect a strong leader - even if they are brute.  It's kind of like how people respect a teacher who is strong over one that is nice.   Anyway, another thing I got from this story is how people note the hypocrisy of pushing Russia into the dark ages when the USA got a slap on the wrist in the 2000s.  O.K., well, did they find weapons of mass destruction?   Was Iraq a real threat to the USA or even the US economy?

There's a difference there. We went to the middle east because we were hit by a terrorist attack from there. Saddam Hussein had been killing his own people for no reason other than them expressing an opinion. Russia however just went into Ukraine for the sake of going into Ukraine. There was no catalyst to this. Putin has wanted Ukraine for a long time, and tried this before. Even before he was Dictator of Russia, he tried. He's never been successful. Now he is hell bent on just destroying the entire country until no one wants to live there and annexing the land into Russia.

On 3/18/2022 at 2:46 AM, Jayson said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/in-some-parts-of-the-world-the-war-in-ukraine-seems-justified/ar-AAVbuTJ?ocid=msedgntp

A lot of people simply respect a strong leader - even if they are brute.  It's kind of like how people respect a teacher who is strong over one that is nice.   Anyway, another thing I got from this story is how people note the hypocrisy of pushing Russia into the dark ages when the USA got a slap on the wrist in the 2000s.  O.K., well, did they find weapons of mass destruction?   Was Iraq a real threat to the USA or even the US economy?

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

There's a difference there. We went to the middle east because we were hit by a terrorist attack from there. Saddam Hussein had been killing his own people for no reason other than them expressing an opinion. Russia however just went into Ukraine for the sake of going into Ukraine. There was no catalyst to this. Putin has wanted Ukraine for a long time, and tried this before. Even before he was Dictator of Russia, he tried. He's never been successful. Now he is hell bent on just destroying the entire country until no one wants to live there and annexing the land into Russia.

I actually have to agree with @Jayson here.  Not about Putin, he's not a strong leader but an insecure bully.  But what the US and to our shame the UK followed through with in the Middle East wasn't really much more justified then what Putin is doing right now.

First we invaded Afghanistan, we finally withdrew last year giving the extremist Taliban back control of the country anyway.  All completely in vain.

Then we invaded Iraq, a nation who's government had never orchestrated a single attack on UK or US soil.  Yeah there was that bell end Hussain but he had exhausted his resources by fighting Iran, then Kuwait and then all the sanctions that followed so he wasn't really much of a threat.  We certainly didn't do it for any moral reason either, Pol Pot killed as many of his own people in Cambodia in just a couple of years as Saddam Hussein did in his entire 24 reign as president and what did we do about him?  JACK SHIT!  There was no threat, no retaliation for any attack, no WMD's.  We invaded Iraq and overthrow Saddam Hussein for oil reserves, end of story.

As for Suadi Arabia, that nation that actually bred the perpetrators of the attack on September 11 2001.  To this day we've done pretty much fucking nothing!  The US government even went out of their way to protect members of Osama Bin Laden's extended family!

So yeah, I don't how anyone can honestly justify our invasion of the Middle East back then and vilify Putin now or vice versa.  Their both fucked up.

First off, who the fuck voted for Bush? I ask because Bush was a fucking republican idiot

Russia invaded Chechnya 1999 anti-terrorist campaign

Russia invaded Chechnya 2004 - oil

Russia invaded Georgia 2008 for power

So why again are we stuck on the USA for invading Afghanistan 2001 and Iraq 2003? 

Are we going to discuss all history of wars the past 20 years to justify today's invasion??? 

This post is @Jayson trying to comfort Russia and you fell for it

56 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

First off, who the fuck voted for Bush? I ask because Bush was a fucking republican idiot

More than of half of America voted for that moron... At least the second time.  But that's a WHOLE other can of worms I can't be bothered to get into right now.

Russia invaded Chechnya 1999 anti-terrorist campaign

Russia invaded Chechnya 2004 - oil

Russia invaded Georgia 2008 for power

So why again are we stuck on the USA for invading Afghanistan 2001 and Iraq 2003?

Because it's one of the points OP wanted to discuss.  That's how discussions work.

Are we going to discuss all history of wars the past 20 years to justify today's invasion???

If someone thinks it's relevant for the sake of comparison then yes.

This post is @Jayson trying to comfort Russia and you fell for it

Oh yeah, doing my part to comfort Putin and his government on their actions:

8 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Not about Putin, he's not a strong leader but an insecure bully.

Or exactly the fucking opposite!

For future reference I don't appreciate being called out as fool on the base of fucking lie!  I don't care if you're left or right I call like I see it and YOU are the using diversionary tactics this time.

Edited by Crazycrab

10 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

For future reference I don't appreciate being called out as fool on the base of fucking lie!  I don't care if you're left or right I call like I see it and YOU are the using diversionary tactics this time.

Come down and take a tour to the USA and witness these backstabbers who love Russia more than their own country and maybe you would understand my intolerance of fuck heads who kneels to Putin because they love the strong man controlling them. So I'm sorry for offending you, but I've had it with these traitors. 

9 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I actually have to agree with @Jayson here.  Not about Putin, he's not a strong leader but an insecure bully.  But what the US and to our shame the UK followed through with in the Middle East wasn't really much more justified then what Putin is doing right now.

First we invaded Afghanistan, we finally withdrew last year giving the extremist Taliban back control of the country anyway.  All completely in vain.

Then we invaded Iraq, a nation who's government had never orchestrated a single attack on UK or US soil.  Yeah there was that bell end Hussain but he had exhausted his resources by fighting Iran, then Kuwait and then all the sanctions that followed so he wasn't really much of a threat.  We certainly didn't do it for any moral reason either, Pol Pot killed as many of his own people in Cambodia in just a couple of years as Saddam Hussein did in his entire 24 reign as president and what did we do about him?  JACK SHIT!  There was no threat, no retaliation for any attack, no WMD's.  We invaded Iraq and overthrow Saddam Hussein for oil reserves, end of story.

As for Suadi Arabia, that nation that actually bred the perpetrators of the attack on September 11 2001.  To this day we've done pretty much fucking nothing!  The US government even went out of their way to protect members of Osama Bin Laden's extended family!

So yeah, I don't how anyone can honestly justify our invasion of the Middle East back then and vilify Putin now or vice versa.  Their both fucked up.

I'm not saying any of that was right. Quite the contrary. We had no idea where Osama was, so we just attacked everybody in the neighborhood of where we thought he was. We killed more innocent civilians than the public will ever know. A lot of Americans wanted Hussein out of power because they were still butthurt after Bush Sr. fucked the entire thing up in Desert Storm. He failed to take him out, so his idiot son sent our military in. While Hussein was executed during Bush's administration, it wasn't until Obama was in office that they actually got bin Laden. It was nothing more than a show of power that resulted in wasted resources. In other words: while the hunt for bin Laden was justified, it was completely pointless.

On 3/19/2022 at 5:02 AM, The Blackangel said:

I agree. War in Afghanistan and Iraq were different. The moment the US forces left Afghanistan, Taliban stopped women from appearing in the public, they even banned women in schools. Putin wants Ukraine, he wants to Russianize Ukraine.