Register Now
GameDev1995

A new Pirate RPG!

Moderator Edit: Video Removed

Hey guys been working on this for over a year and a half! Solo developed IP, would love to know what you guys think! Got so many cool ideas moving forward, do you guys have any ideas you would like to see in a pirate game?

Edited by Shagger

11 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Looks impressive, especially for a solo project.  What platform(s) are looking to release on?

Thanks! PC for now but I do want to bring it to consoles later down the line for sure. Maybe even Switch, I have controller support already so it shouldn't be too hard to port over. Just need some dev kits to test performance/gameplay out, still... got another couple of years before its finished haha that and I plan to kickstart to really set it off!

@GameDev1995 I don't like having to do this, but I'm afraid I have to have lock this thread and remove the video from the original post.

The reason I need to do this is because content that exists purely for the purpose of promotion is not permitted on VGR without permission, as is clearly stated in our Forum Rules and Guidelines

899708243_guidlinespromotion.thumb.png.5ebf624da607328363cbfecb7c60fe72.png

We don't have anything against promotions per say, but it is not appreciated when people post this content with no intention of contributing to the VGR community. Without a worthwhile contribution beforehand, such posts are considered a form of spam. With this promotion of your game project being your very first post, that was clearly the intent here. In short, we're a gaming community and forum that exists as a place for like minded individuals and gamers to belong to, feel welcome, chat online and share their views and opinions, we're not a free billboard for people to promote and sell sell stuff through.

I understand that you're just trying to get the word out about your game, I truly understand that, but this rule is in place for a reason and can't make exceptions. I do see that a few of out members has posted to this thread (and I will have some words for you guys in a moment) speaking with interest and exactment over the game, and why not, it does genuinely look very promising, but if we allowed people to make one-time promotional posts like this a large portion of the forum would be made up of nothing but that. If you were to make a worthwhile contribution to the VGR community, you might elicit a better response, but for now, this decision is final. Please do not post this or any other promotion again without permission. Doing so may incur further action. Understand that I speak not only for myself but I'm sure the whole VGR community when we wish you nothing but the best for your game. If you wish, try talking to our site admin @DC to discuss options on how we may be able to accommodate discussions about your project and you can message me directly if you have any questions.

Please take a moment to read through our aforementioned Forum Rules and Guidelines before post further.

The same thing to @Crazycrab, @Empire and @skyfire. You have all been here long enough to know promotional posts, however innocent and genuine they are, are not allowed here and that alone is enough of a reason why you should not engage with them. Please refrain from doing so in the future.