Register Now
StaceyPowers

How often do you exploit design flaws or bugs to win fights in games?

These days I'm going to say none at all, i'll always try to do things by the book well if it's possible since games are already easy enough.

I do however remember i few things here and there i've done in the past like with Mario kart 64 on Rainbow Road, if done correctly you could make a jump where you could do a shortcut where you cut off a third off the track, it was always funny to use this trick on the last lap when playing with some friends back in the day whenever you were a long way behind only to end up finishing first, only once you knew the trick everybody could do it. 

With kingdom come deliverance if you wanted to level up your bow skill fast, when being out of sight you could just shoot cows, move time forward and the cows would respawn, rinse and repeat and you were master marksman in just a few hours of time and that comes really handy in the game.

Skyrim was full of exploits that it's damn near impossible like where do you even start with this one. Any skill could be pretty much exploited, one i remember doing was turning the difficulty on the highest setting, pick a cow and use a weapon of preference, heal it with the healing skill when it's health was low rinse and repeat boom 2 skills maxed out in a just a few hours. 

Offcourse not sure of it's a bug or intential but the good old jump and kick to defeat Goro in the earlier Mortal Kombat games is probably the most famous one well for me atleast because on higher difficulties it was damn near impossible to defeat him the legit way.

Also nobody seems to bring this up but in many open world games, you can easily shake off the cops if you change from a car to a boat. Especially Watch dogs is known for having this issue.

2 hours ago, Empire said:

Design flaws or bugs are alover us, doesn't matter if you are in singleplayer or multiplayer, point that I come across so many, even in games that are no onger new. Yet can help you in the long run or makes it hard and pointless in another way. I've ever found an exploit or a glitch that's been all that beneficial. Most either lead me to dying, having to restart for being unable to move forwards, or are just weird graphical/physics engine quirks where a character will end up with an elongated finger or floating in midair.

It's just like the dancing dragon glitch and floating skeleton dragon in Skyrim. At first I thought it was a joke or something but in the end, I found it very hilarious. 

15 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Even exploiting the bugs/glitches still feels like cheating to me because it's still taking an advantage that I shouldn't have ordinarily which gives me an easy way out of the fix that I'm in the game. There's never a good feeling for me in doing it. 

My point is bugs and glitch are annoying and could even make you lose or end up dying when you are not supposed to during a game play.

So if by chance I experience a bug that I could take a good advantage of not just getting pissed of by it I would prefer doing that than losing a level I wasn't even meant to lose just because of that same bug.

28 minutes ago, Clasher said:

My point is bugs and glitch are annoying and could even make you lose or end up dying when you are not supposed to during a game play.

So if by chance I experience a bug that I could take a good advantage of not just getting pissed of by it I would prefer doing that than losing a level I wasn't even meant to lose just because of that same bug.

I get your point very well now. Rather than lose as a result of the bug/glitches which if it wasn't there, you would have made your progress without any hassle, you rather exploit the bug to your advantage if it presents such opportunity to do so. I'd say that's 50-50. 

On 6/18/2022 at 2:29 PM, Dannyjax said:

It's just like the dancing dragon glitch and floating skeleton dragon in Skyrim. At first I thought it was a joke or something but in the end, I found it very hilarious. 

I couldn't stop laughing when I came across that dancing dragon bug/glitches in Skyrim. It actually gave me a little relief from the pressure I had till I got there. 

On 6/20/2022 at 10:34 PM, Heatman said:

I couldn't stop laughing when I came across that dancing dragon bug/glitches in Skyrim. It actually gave me a little relief from the pressure I had till I got there. 

Most gamers felt the same way with that dancing dragon glitches in the game. There's no way you wouldn't get cracked up with so much laugh whenever you get to see that. 

I watched my brother playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim the other day and he had one bug exploited which is humble bucket head. It was a funny bug where he used to bucket to cover the head of an NPC and steal everything he needed. Instead of killing the NPC, it's a less messy way to get the job done. 

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

I watched my brother playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim the other day and he had one bug exploited which is humble bucket head. It was a funny bug where he used to bucket to cover the head of an NPC and steal everything he needed. Instead of killing the NPC, it's a less messy way to get the job done. 

Your brother seemed like the emotional type of player that considers doing less harsh or harm to NPC's in games he plays. I don't care about them most of the time. 

1 hour ago, Dannyjax said:

Your brother seemed like the emotional type of player that considers doing less harsh or harm to NPC's in games he plays. I don't care about them most of the time. 

That's exactly who and how he's been. He'd do everything to cut down on his level of aggressiveness in game's he play. As long as he can avoid to kill, he will take that option. 

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

That's exactly who and how he's been. He'd do everything to cut down on his level of aggressiveness in game's he play. As long as he can avoid to kill, he will take that option. 

I can't do that as long as it's fighting/shooting or combat games that I'm playing. I won't be required to kill and I would decide to turn a blind eye. It's going to ruin the fun for me. 

On 6/18/2022 at 3:16 PM, Clasher said:

This is something I do as well. As long as I don't go out of my way to find out ways do exploit the game in order to have it easy, it's a welcoming act for me. I feel that gamers who go out of their ways to exploit any games they are playing, shouldn't be playing that game. I wouldn't put myself through that stress. 

When a bug or design flaws keeps getting in the way of your playing and you find a way to exploring and exploiting it, then have it beaten to progress, I'd say it's taking care of the problem in the game. There are gamers that would be stopped at that point because they can't figure out what next to do to have a breakthrough. 

On 6/24/2022 at 1:29 PM, Heatman said:

This is something I do as well. As long as I don't go out of my way to find out ways do exploit the game in order to have it easy, it's a welcoming act for me. I feel that gamers who go out of their ways to exploit any games they are playing, shouldn't be playing that game. I wouldn't put myself through that stress. 

I don't try to find an easy way out in any video games I am playing, I like to win with skill, precise shooting band fighting tactics. Bugs can get into the way and make me lose a game I ain't even supposed to lose. So if a bug appears to be useful Instead of disturbing my gameplay then I would use it to my advantage.

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

I don't try to find an easy way out in any video games I am playing, I like to win with skill, precise shooting band fighting tactics. Bugs can get into the way and make me lose a game I ain't even supposed to lose. So if a bug appears to be useful Instead of disturbing my gameplay then I would use it to my advantage.

As long as you are not the one seeking out ways to exploit the game, it's totally understandable to use what the bugs and flaws throws at you to your advantage. 

Not that often, but if I find some kinda of glitch in a single player game, I'll try to exploit it for as long as I can. Sometimes the glitches last for a long time, or are temporary. But it doesn't happen to me often.