Register Now
Dannyjax

Who should gaming companies be suing?

7 hours ago, Jasmin said:

With every passing year, games are becoming better than the previous games or previous versions, therefore, I believe in the future a feature that stops cheating or blocking cheaters will be possible. 

It's all up to the gamers to discover them and have their accounts reported. It's the first step towards rooting them all out of the system. 

Life here online is totally different from what we are getting offline. In offline, you can see someone you want to sue for an offence you suspected, but online, most people are completely anonymous. It isn't easy tracking them and suing them for their offence. The best video game publishers can do is, sue the entities who are given out this cheats for monetary rewards, by suing their website with clear evidence, I believe actions will be taken from the cheaters web hosting companies. 

15 hours ago, Jasmin said:

With every passing year, games are becoming better than the previous games or previous versions, therefore, I believe in the future a feature that stops cheating or blocking cheaters will be possible. 

It would be very nice for both the company and even the gamers playing the game. They wouldn't have to worry about hackers and cheaters too much. 

11 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

It would be very nice for both the company and even the gamers playing the game. They wouldn't have to worry about hackers and cheaters too much. 

Personally, I pray for that day to come sooner rather than later because I have dropped so much games I would have been enjoying all because of cheaters in it. 

11 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

If they deal with the source of the cheat code and tools generation or development, I'm sure cheaters will die a natural death in the games. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Personally, I pray for that day to come sooner rather than later because I have dropped so much games I would have been enjoying all because of cheaters in it. 

Can you please share in details how you came across cheaters? In which game you found cheaters, and how you were effected.

7 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

If they deal with the source of the cheat code and tools generation or development, I'm sure cheaters will die a natural death in the games. 

Why they evade doing that have been a question that I haven't gotten an answer to till now. If they were to do that, all the problems they have posed would have been taken care of. 

11 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

This is exactly what my opinion hangs on. If they can find a way to identify them and have proof to deal with them swiftly, it's going to be a good one. 

12 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

This is exactly what my opinion hangs on. If they can find a way to identify them and have proof to deal with them swiftly, it's going to be a good one. 

It's their lack of proof that's probably holding them back in going all out in a litigation war with such companies. Something needs to be done about this quickly or better still they can upgrade their firewall to be almost hard to penetrate. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's their lack of proof that's probably holding them back in going all out in a litigation war with such companies. Something needs to be done about this quickly or better still they can upgrade their firewall to be almost hard to penetrate. 

If they keep going the same way they are going with it now, they will be lucky and such companies might slip up to hand them the evidence they have been looking for. 

On 6/5/2022 at 11:06 PM, Dannyjax said:

If they have the proof or evidence, we wouldn't still be here debating about it. They would have taken care of them a long time ago. 

On 6/6/2022 at 10:56 PM, Dannyjax said:

If they keep going the same way they are going with it now, they will be lucky and such companies might slip up to hand them the evidence they have been looking for. 

I'm not going label gaming companies as saints because they do their own rubbish sometimes with making games that are not worth what they are being sold. But they have been on the suffering end ever since these hackers and cheaters acts have grown. 

On 6/4/2022 at 2:46 PM, Justin11 said:

Life here online is totally different from what we are getting offline. In offline, you can see someone you want to sue for an offence you suspected, but online, most people are completely anonymous. It isn't easy tracking them and suing them for their offence. The best video game publishers can do is, sue the entities who are given out this cheats for monetary rewards, by suing their website with clear evidence, I believe actions will be taken from the cheaters web hosting companies. 

That's true mate, you can't actually know those who use cheats but you can track down sites where this cheats are broadcasted and Sue the owners of such platforms if they could be found. When individuals don't have where to get those chests from it would drastically reduce the use of it while playing video games.

On 6/14/2022 at 4:18 PM, Heatman said:

I'm not going label gaming companies as saints because they do their own rubbish sometimes with making games that are not worth what they are being sold. But they have been on the suffering end ever since these hackers and cheaters acts have grown. 

They have always known that these hackers have been in the picture from day one and I don't think they are doing enough to keep them out. They should have the resources to get that done. 

22 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

They have always known that these hackers have been in the picture from day one and I don't think they are doing enough to keep them out. They should have the resources to get that done. 

From how everything is going at the moment, it looks like they are taking the issue of hackers and cheaters more seriously. Let's see what they can be able to achieve with this new pattern of probing.