Register Now
Dannyjax

Who should gaming companies be suing?

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

From how everything is going at the moment, it looks like they are taking the issue of hackers and cheaters more seriously. Let's see what they can be able to achieve with this new pattern of probing. 

If they don't work harder in protecting their project, it would all be out there up for grabs by hacks to make their own money from it. It's all in their hands to let it keep happening or kill it off from the source. 

14 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

If they don't work harder in protecting their project, it would all be out there up for grabs by hacks to make their own money from it. It's all in their hands to let it keep happening or kill it off from the source. 

I believe that it's why they are taking up all the lawsuits now which I just look at as just a mere intimidation because I'm not sure if it's going to yield much positive results in putting an end to this from happening. 

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Most people stays anonymous online, even if they're caught cheating, it wouldn't be easy to sue them, unless massive inspection will be set in order to track them. 

This is basically why all their lawsuit haven't yielded any positive results yet. Being able to prove anything is what's been difficult for them to get a win in any of their cases. 

39 minutes ago, Aniekwe said:

This is basically why all their lawsuit haven't yielded any positive results yet. Being able to prove anything is what's been difficult for them to get a win in any of their cases. 

Plus gaming companies should be sued for their fraudulent claims among other things.

6 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Yeah, I know it wouldn't be possible, because their are multitudes of cheaters around. So, how many do you want to drag to court and prosecute? 

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Plus gaming companies should be sued for their fraudulent claims among other things.

It's not a good feeling when they hype their games so high and when gamers spend a lot to buy it, it becomes ridden with bugs. The question would be who's going to stand up to sue them for that? 

15 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yeah, I know it wouldn't be possible, because their are multitudes of cheaters around. So, how many do you want to drag to court and prosecute? 

The kid Epic Games dragged to court with some other cheaters, I'm not sure they had any breakthrough in that case. It's all going to end in waste of another resources. 

9 minutes ago, Aniekwe said:

The kid Epic Games dragged to court with some other cheaters, I'm not sure they had any breakthrough in that case. It's all going to end in waste of another resources. 

Can you share the link concerning the court verdict? I don't think either they can become victorious in such kind of lawsuit, unless they got major proofs. 

15 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

You don't sue a minor to court. There was no way they would have gotten any good out from doing that. Yes, the kid made matters worst with all his YouTube videos of his cheats but you can't sue a kid. 

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Can you share the link concerning the court verdict? I don't think either they can become victorious in such kind of lawsuit, unless they got major proofs. 

This is the link. They have settled the case which had been on since 2017.

https://www.pcgamer.com/epic-games-settles-three-year-lawsuit-against-teenage-fortnite-cheater/

5 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

https://www.pcgamer.com/epic-games-settles-three-year-lawsuit-against-teenage-fortnite-cheater/

Seen, you're correct about the court case that occured in the past between the teenage Fortnite player and epic company. I know it wouldn't be possible prosecuting any offender since evidence will be hard to come by. 

17 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Epic Games should have know better that they were not going to get any different result from suing a minor. This wasn't their first time of suing a minor. They had another teenager called CBV sued in 2019 and they still reached an agreement with him. 

3 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Epic Games should have know better that they were not going to get any different result from suing a minor. This wasn't their first time of suing a minor. They had another teenager called CBV sued in 2019 and they still reached an agreement with him. 

It looks like Epic Games are of the habit of suing kids/teenagers. But anyways, it shows that the game is played a lot more by kids and teenagers than adults. They shouldn't be wasting their time in suing minors. 

3 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Epic games just like to stay in the news, so they could device whatever strategy to spur controversy, be it in their games or with a court case by suing a teenager.