Register Now
NightmareFarm

Favourite graphics of each gen?

On 6/1/2022 at 6:22 AM, Empire said:

9th is super easy, well. This day to day right now has to be microsoft flight simulator 2020, can't beat how good looking that simulator is compare to other game sout there. USing bing maps and whatnot. 

You're right - it is extremely realistic and even small details such as the grass moving in the direction of the wind.

Xbox one, PlayStation 4 , Nintendo switch are 8th gen console and pretty much has the games with my favourite graphics like God of war released in 2018, the last of us 2013, blood Bourne in 2015, red dead redemption 2018 and many more.

On 6/7/2022 at 6:09 PM, killamch89 said:

You're right - it is extremely realistic and even small details such as the grass moving in the direction of the wind.

I played microsoft flight simulator 2020 at my friend's place yesterday and it was an amazing experience. I would be getting the game for myself very soon. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

I played microsoft flight simulator 2020 at my friend's place yesterday and it was an amazing experience. I would be getting the game for myself very soon. 

You could barely know that microsoft flight simulator 2020 isn't a game with how good the game's graphics look. It's unbelievable. 

8 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

You could barely know that microsoft flight simulator 2020 isn't a game with how good the game's graphics look. It's unbelievable. 

I can't stop playing this game no matter now much I play it. Its a game that I would get into and spend almost 3 hours and still feel like I haven't played at all. 

On 6/9/2022 at 8:46 AM, Heatman said:

I can't stop playing this game no matter now much I play it. Its a game that I would get into and spend almost 3 hours and still feel like I haven't played at all. 

It's one game that microsoft put everything into to make sure that it's everything gamers would like of it. You can't be bored with the game. 

On 6/9/2022 at 12:22 AM, Dannyjax said:

That's true mate, I just watched the YouTube video you embedded with your post and it looks like something from a movie and not even a video game. Microsoft did a  good job with the graphics.

15 hours ago, Clasher said:

That's true mate, I just watched the YouTube video you embedded with your post and it looks like something from a movie and not even a video game. Microsoft did a  good job with the graphics.

Would such a game bore me easily? I don't think so. I'd play the game for as long as I can still lift controllers to play video games. 

18 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Would such a game bore me easily? I don't think so. I'd play the game for as long as I can still lift controllers to play video games. 

Graphics and also sound are both features I always checkout for in a video game as these would contribute a lot to how much I would  enjoy playing that particular video game. Just like what red dead Redemption 2 does with it's graphics and how realistic it's vegetations and other landscape are.

On 6/16/2022 at 7:19 PM, Clasher said:

Graphics and also sound are both features I always checkout for in a video game as these would contribute a lot to how much I would  enjoy playing that particular video game. Just like what red dead Redemption 2 does with it's graphics and how realistic it's vegetations and other landscape are.

As much as graphics and good sounds makes a lot of sense for me in games, the gameplay and performance comes first for me. If the gameplay of any game I want to play isn't worth it, only the graphics won't be enough to keep me in playing the game. 

I'm not all that up on generation of games, so I'm just going to list them as they came out. Most of my experience is with Nintendo, so virtually everything will be Nintendo.

Atari 2600 - Pitfall

NES - Zelda II

Game Boy - Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

SNES - DKC
Sega Genesis - Mortal Kombat

Sega Game Gear - Sonic

Virtual Boy - Mario Tennis

N64 - Zelda OoT
PS1 - FF8

Game Cube - Soul Calibur 2
PS2 - can't say as I missed that era

Dreamcast - never played it.

Wii - Zelda again. Absolutely beautiful graphics
PS3 - Dante's Inferno

Wii U - never played it.

Switch - So many DLC indie games make this one a hard choice. But I'm thinking maybe Outlast or Layers Of Fear.

PS4 - RDR2

PS5 - FF7. But I haven't played a whole lot of PS5 games.

Edited by The Blackangel

2 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

As much as graphics and good sounds makes a lot of sense for me in games, the gameplay and performance comes first for me. If the gameplay of any game I want to play isn't worth it, only the graphics won't be enough to keep me in playing the game. 

Gameplay and performance is important and that's why I said the graphics and sounds just contribute to how much I would enjoy the game.

Graphics doesn't do much either if the game lags or is full of bugs.