Register Now
Terry94

Football Manager

I wonder if we'd ever see an NBA game similar in style, where you can manage a basketball team. I think they have that for baseball and some other sports as well. I'm not into fifa or other soccer games, so I'd prefer the likes of NFL or NBA though, I'd get behind that. 

21 hours ago, Heatman said:

The similarities in all football manager games are almost the same thing in a way. For the game Football Manager 22, I'd give it a 7/10 rating. 

I like the graphics of the football manager 22 and in my opinion I would give it a 6/10  rating because it was just a little bit above average.

12 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I like the graphics of the football manager 22 and in my opinion I would give it a 6/10  rating because it was just a little bit above average.

6-7/10 isn't that far stretched apart. Yeah, some people would give it between 6-8/10 rating depending on how the gamer is deep into playing football manager games. I believe that it's decent enough to get 7/10.

33 minutes ago, Heatman said:

6-7/10 isn't that far stretched apart. Yeah, some people would give it between 6-8/10 rating depending on how the gamer is deep into playing football manager games. I believe that it's decent enough to get 7/10.

Well, I think it totally depends on the value you get out of the game and every tends to enjoy a game differently in most cases.

But I know this game can't get a 10/10 rating from anyone.

7 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Well, I think it totally depends on the value you get out of the game and every tends to enjoy a game differently in most cases.

But I know this game can't get a 10/10 rating from anyone.

I haven't seen any game that got 10/10. Even one of best games ever released this year in Elden Ring never got 10/10 not to talk about Football Manager 22. It won't make 9/10 no matter how anyone views it. It's definitely not that high up. 

29 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I haven't seen any game that got 10/10. Even one of best games ever released this year in Elden Ring never got 10/10 not to talk about Football Manager 22. It won't make 9/10 no matter how anyone views it. It's definitely not that high up. 

Getting a 10/10 rating would mean the game has broken all boundaries and is nothing short of a Masterpiece.

Football manager 22 is a good game and if you are such a hard core fan of soccer you would definitely be willing to play this game and that was among the reasons I got it because I like soccer and would want to have an experience at managing my own club.

11 hours ago, Clasher said:

Getting a 10/10 rating would mean the game has broken all boundaries and is nothing short of a Masterpiece.

Football manager 22 is a good game and if you are such a hard core fan of soccer you would definitely be willing to play this game and that was among the reasons I got it because I like soccer and would want to have an experience at managing my own club.

Is there any games that have gotten to that mark of being short of a Masterpiece...? I don't think so, for now. Maybe in the future, we would have something like that being a possibility. I'm actually jumping between the game Football Manager 22 and Top Eleven Football Manager at the moment. I have a match in the latter in 30 minutes time. 

11 hours ago, Clasher said:

10/10 ratings are very hard to come by. And honestly I don't like when games get 10/10 ratings, because I know even 10/10 games have problems of their own. To be a masterpiece, it needs to be near perfect imo, with likely no problems. And I think that's tough to do with video games, hell with anything, because there will always be people rating it differently. 

10 hours ago, Kane99 said:

10/10 ratings are very hard to come by. And honestly I don't like when games get 10/10 ratings, because I know even 10/10 games have problems of their own. To be a masterpiece, it needs to be near perfect imo, with likely no problems. And I think that's tough to do with video games, hell with anything, because there will always be people rating it differently. 

Now this isn't a thread to discuss about Game ratings but talking About football manager 22  I think it depends on personal opinion how much the gamer enjoyed the game.

There is actually a general rating just based on cumulative reviews that the company get on the game and then when you go to purchase this game on the website you would see the rating at the bottom, in this case it just based on review statistics.

Now that I have remembered something, why is scoring direct free kick goals very difficult in Football Manager 22? I have tried virtually every player I feel should do well at it but it's still the same result. Do you think it's a bug or something about making it just hard for them to score by developers? 

Edited by Heatman

On 8/10/2022 at 2:47 PM, Heatman said:

Now that I have remembered something, why is scoring direct free kick goals very difficult in Football Manager 22? I have tried virtually every player I feel should do well at it but it's still the same result. Do you think it's a bug or something about making it just hard for them to score by developers? 

I think free kicks isn't that easy to score and only a few players are able to score direct free kick goals in reality.

So maybe the game developers only want to reciprocate that in the video game by making a bit difficult.

I have been able to score direct free kick goals in football manager.

On 8/12/2022 at 9:26 PM, Clasher said:

I think free kicks isn't that easy to score and only a few players are able to score direct free kick goals in reality.

So maybe the game developers only want to reciprocate that in the video game by making a bit difficult.

I have been able to score direct free kick goals in football manager.

At one point, I felt that it was a bug that's preventing scoring of direct free kicks in Football Manager 22. I even had to try and get a work around it by switching the kicker to different players but all to an avail. 

If felt very frustrating whenever I get a freekick because I already know that it's a wasted opportunity to score. 

On 8/22/2022 at 6:04 PM, Heatman said:

At one point, I felt that it was a bug that's preventing scoring of direct free kicks in Football Manager 22. I even had to try and get a work around it by switching the kicker to different players but all to an avail. 

If felt very frustrating whenever I get a freekick because I already know that it's a wasted opportunity to score. 

I scored freekicks a few times , some were played really well while a majority of them I didn't even believe I could pull that off successfully.

It can be a bit frustrating as you said but that's what makes the game some what challenging to an extent.

On 8/24/2022 at 2:59 PM, Clasher said:

I scored freekicks a few times , some were played really well while a majority of them I didn't even believe I could pull that off successfully.

It can be a bit frustrating as you said but that's what makes the game some what challenging to an extent.

I have given up having my players score from free kicks in the game because most of the time, it just doesn't work for me but surely works against me. Yesterday in Top Eleven Football Manager, my opponent scored a direct free kick from almost 40 yards out and I was shocked 😲!!