Register Now
Justin11

Do you agree with Arsene Wenger that Throw-ins should be scrapped for Kicked-ins?

11 hours ago, Shagger said:

Do you seriously believe that players when the have a kick-in near the opposing team's box that they'll just pass the ball? They won't, they'll take the chance to play it like set piece, I guarantee it. I suppose they could make a rule to forbit it, but how could they enforce such a rule? You can't just say they're only allowed to kick the ball so far, nor could they disallow the ball to fly from a kick-in when a ball is allowed to fly from a throw in currently, it just wouldn't work. The wheal dynamic of out of bounds would change. Defenders, for example, would no longer try to try to put a ball out of bound to the side rather the back because what's the point in preventing a corner when the opposing team will get a kick in just a few feet from the flag anyway.

I believe you understand that, throw ins takes place within the sides of the pitch. Whereas 'corner kicks takes place within the goal kick area of the pitch. And throw-ins are taken faster, that's just the way kicked ins gonna be taken. It doesn't need anyone to defend it like the normal corner kicks or free kicks. 

Watch the video below, you'll get clear overview of what I'm trying to say about 'kicked ins. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

I believe you understand that, throw ins takes place within the sides of the pitch. Whereas 'corner kicks takes place within the goal kick area of the pitch. And throw-ins are taken faster, that's just the way kicked ins gonna be taken. It doesn't need anyone to defend it like the normal corner kicks or free kicks. 

Watch the video below, you'll get clear overview of what I'm trying to say about 'kicked ins. 

You are really not getting this. You're still operating on the assumption that kick-ins will always be short pass to somebody from the side of the pitch regardless of where they are, but no professional footballer will play it like that if they have a chance to use a kick-in like a set piece to, for example, cross a ball into an opponent's box. It's not uncommon for footballers to do that now with throw-ins;

What world do live in where you live in that makes you believe teams won't use kick-ins the same way?

Edited by Shagger

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

You are really not getting this. You're still operating on the assumption that kick-ins will always be short pass to somebody from the side of the pitch regardless of where they are, but no professional footballer will play it like that if they have a chance to use a kick-in like a set piece to, for example, cross a ball into an opponent's box. It's not uncommon for footballers to do that now with throw-ins;

What world do live in where you live in that makes you believe teams won't use kick-ins the same way?

I got what you said, it can be used as in 'long throw ins to opposition half. But can't be like free kicks, the opponents doesn't need to stage walls in kick ins. If it happens that they take long shots from kick ins, and it goes directly to the goal post just like in long throw ins, then no worries. But the initial suggestion from Arsene Wenger is to speed up play and lessen the time wasting from throw ins. 

Many events happen during a football match from spectators or fans running into the pitch during the game or some players intensionally wasting time by feigning an injury the list goes on and on.

Kick-ins or throw-ins doesn't really affect the pace of a football match that much except on some few occasions per say.

On 7/20/2022 at 1:36 PM, Clasher said:

Many events happen during a football match from spectators or fans running into the pitch during the game or some players intensionally wasting time by feigning an injury the list goes on and on.

Kick-ins or throw-ins doesn't really affect the pace of a football match that much except on some few occasions per say.

Agreed but I have to admit some of the interruptions are hilarious like activists tying themselves to goalposts. If it were up to me, I'd let them stay there...

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Agreed but I have to admit some of the interruptions are hilarious like activists tying themselves to goalposts. If it were up to me, I'd let them stay there...

You could only imagine the amount of time wasted to get those people off the pitch so the game could go on.

Throw-ins and kick-ins aren't the only time wasting factors the soccer community should be worried about.

15 hours ago, Clasher said:

You could only imagine the amount of time wasted to get those people off the pitch so the game could go on.

Throw-ins and kick-ins aren't the only time wasting factors the soccer community should be worried about.

You're correct - the question I have to ask is if you're going to protest something, why not protest about something related to football? Why would you be disrupting a football match to protest about climate change while tying yourself to a goal post? Almost every protestor I've ever witnessed invading a football pitch is protesting about something that football in no way, shape or form directly impacts or can change the outcome either.