Register Now
StaceyPowers

What games would you like to see “remakes” of like TLOU?

I was initially on the fence about the announcement of a TLOU “remake,” but now that I’ve seen the trailer and realize the game is essentially intact, but with graphics/etc. rebuilt, I am excited. I would love to see something like this with some older open world games like Skyrim or Oblivion.

What games would you like to see receive similar “remakes”?

But what is it that makes TLOU remake special? I obviously love the series and no doubt will buy the remake, but that's basing it on 2 previous masterpieces. I'm not sold that its such a grand remake considering the original was already a GOTY and near perfection. I'm excited about Saints Row remake since the first game was an Xbox 360 exclusive and the rest of the series was made for the 360/ps3 generations. So this August will be a very exciting remake of one of the most fun series I've played. 

There isn't a set release date for Layers of Fears, but recently found out about it. I can't really call it a remake, but in a way it is. This is the first I've heard of a developer combining a non continuity series into one game. Only brilliance can pull this off which if any developer can then its gotta be Bloober Team. Basically they are layering 2 series and a DLC into a single game. They will probably add new stuff too; I have to stay informed of updates on that. 

Assassin's Creed titles from 1-4 all need remakes using a lot of the same innovations from modern AC games like flying around an eagle all around Italy or the Caribbean. As well as upgraded scenery, fighting, gameplay, taming animals etc. PLEASE REMAKE!!! 

Honestly, I'd take a Mechassault remake right now - For those of you who don't know, Mechassault was originally an Xbox exclusive Mech fighting game where you could build your own Mech and customize it with weapons of your choosing to go up against AI or other players. The customization system was pretty deep - very comparable to Armored Core.

Panzer Dragoon Saga. Great game that sadly is only exclusive to the Saturn. It’s also prohibitively expensive for people who want a legitimate copy as well.

So hopefully these Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2 remakes entice a remake of Saga.

12 minutes ago, Grungie said:

Panzer Dragoon Saga. Great game that sadly is only exclusive to the Saturn. It’s also prohibitively expensive for people who want a legitimate copy as well.

So hopefully these Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2 remakes entice a remake of Saga.

I'd think it'd probably be launched on Nintendo's platform considering the amount of collaborations between them and Sega in recent times.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

I'd think it'd probably be launched on Nintendo's platform considering the amount of collaborations between them and Sega in recent times.

It’d be weird if Panzer Dragoon 1 is on the Switch and 2 is planned, and they skip the Switch for Saga. Though not unheard of.