Register Now
DC

Rent/mortgage payments

I don't pay rent, I'm staying in my parents house which they set aside for me, I was paying rent, but recently I have to come back home and save my rent fee,l which is poised at $250 per year.  I just want to use the funds as business funds. 

My dad isn't getting anything much from his buildings which is up to 10 different flats, it could've been better to use the funds and invest in digital currencies 😂

My former apartment was built to contain one or two persons per apartment containing a Kitchen, a bathroom and a spacious bed space which cost about $300 dollars yearly for rent. I lived there during my college days.

Right now I am staying in a three bedroom apartment owned by my family so I don't pay any rent living there.

If my calculations are correct, my own earning percentage that goes into rent should be about 30%. I know that it's too much per month but it's something that I can't get a workaround because of security issues in the country, I need to live where there's an increased security detail and it contributed to the increased rent. 

On 7/23/2022 at 10:07 AM, Heatman said:

If my calculations are correct, my own earning percentage that goes into rent should be about 30%. I know that it's too much per month but it's something that I can't get a workaround because of security issues in the country, I need to live where there's an increased security detail and it contributed to the increased rent. 

Perfectly understandable - I have a security system where I live as well and it's a slight additional cost but it's totally worth it.

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Perfectly understandable - I have a security system where I live as well and it's a slight additional cost but it's totally worth it.

Exactly!! It's not like there's a spare for one's life because once you drop dead, that's the end. What happens to the money you've saved? It's better you make use of it and protect yourself and life in any way possible. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly!! It's not like there's a spare for one's life because once you drop dead, that's the end. What happens to the money you've saved? It's better you make use of it and protect yourself and life in any way possible. 

That's a vaild point and in addition to that, it helps to protect your belongings when you're away from home.

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's a vaild point and in addition to that, it helps to protect your belongings when you're away from home.

A friend of mine fall victim of this when he travelled and stayed away from home for 3 months. On getting back, thugs/criminals broke into house and carted away some of properties. He was pissed as hell because there was supposed to some sort of security in the estate where he lived. He had to park out from that estate ASAP. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

A friend of mine fall victim of this when he travelled and stayed away from home for 3 months. On getting back, thugs/criminals broke into house and carted away some of properties. He was pissed as hell because there was supposed to some sort of security in the estate where he lived. He had to park out from that estate ASAP. 

That sucks - honestly. I'd leave that place as well because you're not safe there at all.

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That sucks - honestly. I'd leave that place as well because you're not safe there at all.

He was actually making plans to move out of the estate before now but not immediately and as that happened, he had to move out immediately. He told me suing the estate security department, but I had ask him to leave it. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

He was actually making plans to move out of the estate before now but not immediately and as that happened, he had to move out immediately. He told me suing the estate security department, but I had ask him to leave it. 

Why would you tell him to do that? If pays for security and the security doesn't do it's job - he has a right to sue. Unless you're alluding to the fact that the justice system is useless - in that case, he'd probably be wasting his time...

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Why would you tell him to do that? If pays for security and the security doesn't do it's job - he has a right to sue. Unless you're alluding to the fact that the justice system is useless - in that case, he'd probably be wasting his time...

You understand exactly the reason why I had to tell him not to bother about that because over her, it's a good waste of time for a common man to get justice. When it's going to cost you trying to get justice would cost you almost or even more than what you lost. So what's the essence of pushing for it? It's useless. 

22 minutes ago, Heatman said:

You understand exactly the reason why I had to tell him not to bother about that because over her, it's a good waste of time for a common man to get justice. When it's going to cost you trying to get justice would cost you almost or even more than what you lost. So what's the essence of pushing for it? It's useless. 

I kinda remembered that you live in Nigeria and a Nigerian woman I knew told me about some of the things that goes down with the Nigerian cops.