Register Now
Kane99

Session: Skate Sim Final Trailer Dropped

On 7/15/2022 at 8:26 PM, Kane99 said:

Also with the news that Skate is going to be a free to play live service game, this may pose a problem for the Session crew. They do have a head start, but I think once Skate drops, Session will be forgotten. Would be interesting to see if they try to go the live service route. Could benefit them to do so. 

Think it may work the other way around because from the reactions i've seen on the internet not too many people are happy with the new skate game being free to play, neither am i as i may skip it all together. 

But nacon is the publisher of Session so wouldn't be suprised if they fuck it up one way or the other. The most important aspect in sports game are the controls have that mastered and you have a good game but i don't really have much faith in Session to be honest. Hopefully i'm wrong and it turns out good that is something we'll know in a few months.

On 7/15/2022 at 8:00 PM, Kane99 said:

I heard about that one, but didn't hear whether it was good or bad. I decided to look into it some more and it's got great reviews on Steam. Maybe the Switch version is just not as good compared to the PC version. I know the Switch has its limits, maybe they had to tone the graphics/other aspects down a bit to work better. But I could be wrong. 

The studio behind this only has this game on their record, at least according to steam. So maybe they are first time devs. 

I should look into the possibility of playing the game on PC as well in order to know truly where they got it all wrong. If the PC version of the game stands out well, then I would have to stick to it on PC than on Nintendo Switch. 

On 7/15/2022 at 8:00 PM, Kane99 said:

I heard about that one, but didn't hear whether it was good or bad. I decided to look into it some more and it's got great reviews on Steam. Maybe the Switch version is just not as good compared to the PC version. I know the Switch has its limits, maybe they had to tone the graphics/other aspects down a bit to work better. But I could be wrong. 

The studio behind this only has this game on their record, at least according to steam. So maybe they are first time devs. 

I should look into the possibility of playing the game on PC as well in order to know truly where they got it all wrong. If the PC version of the game stands out well, then I would have to stick to it on PC than on Nintendo Switch. 

On 7/15/2022 at 12:32 PM, Empire said:

I hope this release is better than the clown show SkaterXL was. But we will see right 🙂 

Hopefully it does, sports games like this raise a lot of interest only to come out as trash or less than expection.

Only a few sports games ever did really well like racing , the hunting simulator and a few soccer games.

Edited by Clasher

15 hours ago, Clasher said:

Hopefully it does, sports games like this raise a lot of interest only to come out as trash or less than expection.

Only a few sports games ever did really well like racing , the hunting simulator and a few soccer games.

For people who are into skating in real life, it's a game that in most cases becomes something of big interest for them. This is because it actually helps them get better at it. 

I watched a YouTube clip some months ago about a boy that have been practicing double flip or a swing. It took him an injury and 8 months of practice to get it right in the tournament or contest he was in. 

On 7/26/2022 at 5:30 AM, Yaramaki said:

Think it may work the other way around because from the reactions i've seen on the internet not too many people are happy with the new skate game being free to play, neither am i as i may skip it all together. 

But nacon is the publisher of Session so wouldn't be suprised if they fuck it up one way or the other. The most important aspect in sports game are the controls have that mastered and you have a good game but i don't really have much faith in Session to be honest. Hopefully i'm wrong and it turns out good that is something we'll know in a few months.

Yeah, but that's because it's EA, the hate they get is usually warranted. As long as EA isn't as heavily involved in the game, and it's not a ton of overpriced microtransactions, I could see it being a success. But only time will tell how it turns out. Especially too,if they can keep the game alive for years to come, it would save them from having to make sequels, they could just drop new stuff in game, much like how fortnite does things. 

On 7/26/2022 at 6:25 AM, Heatman said:

I haven't checked it out yet myself, but I would probably get it on PC if I do. I imagine it performs a lot better than it does on the switch, and probably looks better too. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

For people who are into skating in real life, it's a game that in most cases becomes something of big interest for them. This is because it actually helps them get better at it. 

I watched a YouTube clip some months ago about a boy that have been practicing double flip or a swing. It took him an injury and 8 months of practice to get it right in the tournament or contest he was in. 

I engage in skating which is one of the more reasons I am always on the lookout for skating games or Simulators.

I already mentioned another skating game but with a more sci-fi and adventure plot called OlliOlli world.  The dlc of this Same game is more like you are skating and completing missions along the way to save your world from the alien invasions.

9 hours ago, Clasher said:

I engage in skating which is one of the more reasons I am always on the lookout for skating games or Simulators.

I already mentioned another skating game but with a more sci-fi and adventure plot called OlliOlli world.  The dlc of this Same game is more like you are skating and completing missions along the way to save your world from the alien invasions.

I tried doing that one time and I fell like an Iroko tree. It was a very funny day because my guys laughed their a** off. I was very confident that I was going to pull it out at my first trial and never asked for any help, and you already know the rest of the story. 

I would give a game a try and see how it's going aid in with skating ⛸.