Register Now
DC

Good classic war movies?

There are few of them that are my favorite classic war movies which are ;

1. Hacksaw Ridge 

2. Master and Commander : The Far Side of The World.

3. Platoon 1986. 

I would like to add Black Hawk Down to it too which is also based on true life event that took place in October 3, 1993 called the Battle of Mogadishu. 

I can't watch war movies, due to traumatic occurrences when I was in the military. However I do know a few that people might like.

1) Full Metal Jacket
2) The Deer Hunter
3) The Rock <-- this one is more modern, but they showed us the same clip in boot camp every week.

4 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I can't watch war movies, due to traumatic occurrences when I was in the military. However I do know a few that people might like.

1) Full Metal Jacket
2) The Deer Hunter
3) The Rock <-- this one is more modern, but they showed us the same clip in boot camp every week.

Full Metal Jacket is a great war movie. I was trying to remember the name of this movie and I don't know why I was thinking Straight Metal Jacket was the name lol.

3 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Full Metal Jacket is a great war movie. I was trying to remember the name of this movie and I don't know why I was thinking Straight Metal Jacket was the name lol.

Not if you were in the Marines, it isn't. It's one of the worst triggers in cinema for a hell of a lot of us. I still have flashbacks, and none of the memories are good. If I could find a way to wipe out all my memories, I would be a much happier person.

7 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Not if you were in the Marines, it isn't. It's one of the worst triggers in cinema for a hell of a lot of us. I still have flashbacks, and none of the memories are good. If I could find a way to wipe out all my memories, I would be a much happier person.

Perfectly understandable, as I do suffer a bit of PTSD from being a Customs Officer and I doubt I've come even remotely close to what you experienced in the Marines.

15 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

War is never easy and there's no way you would look at any way that it ends good for both sides. Whenever my father talks about the Nigerian Civil War we had here in 6th July 1967  to 15th January 1970, it was a horrible experience for them. 

On 7/29/2022 at 12:08 PM, Heatman said:

War is never easy and there's no way you would look at any way that it ends good for both sides. Whenever my father talks about the Nigerian Civil War we had here in 6th July 1967  to 15th January 1970, it was a horrible experience for them. 

That's true mate.

I can't forget the horrible images of post civil war effects I saw in a nigerian civil war documentary and you can't help but feel the pains of those people who fought those war and how children died from it's effect.