Register Now
Kane99

How do you feel when people claim gaming is a waste of time or for kids only?

37 minutes ago, Cyberblue said:

Games make me happy. It's my hobby. Why should I follow a culture of productivity that makes people unhappy?

Those are the kind of people who tries getting you into accepting that what you do is wrong and shouldn't fly but whatever nonsense that they are into would be what's relevant. 

They are so wrong. 

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I agree on that. Addiction in gaming is a real problem for some, and at that point I would say it's a bit too much. I thankfully am not addicted to gaming, but I would say I'm addicted to other things, like watching too many movies, binging tv shows, etc. lol 

We all have something that we are addicted too 🙂 I mean I love gaming and I'm always on my PC every single day till I'm up in the morning till 11pm at night and even in bed I'm looking at my screen watching films. But gaming, I game when I game and that's not all day. like I said and mention before. 

On 8/17/2022 at 4:30 PM, The Blackangel said:

If people are dead set on gaming only being for kids, I want to meet the parents who would let their 7 year old play RDR2, so I can slap the shit out of them. The language, violence, sexual content, and alcohol/drug use is really something I would consider to not be lessons for a child of that age. I haven't played it, but I would assume GTA5 would be in that same boat. Then there are horror games. A child would be so freaked out that they would sleep between their parents for 3 months before going back to their own room. Especially with the more intense horror games.

Games are rated for a reason. And many are geared towards adults. Because (typically) we are able to see the difference between the real world, and games. While some a re a real world representation, they're still games.

If you have such an issue with gaming, then stick to Candy Land.

If you allow your kids gain access to such contents and then turn around to blame the industry for your failures as a parent.

There are different genres of video games and each of them has an age appropriate audience it is meant for, I can't let an 8 year old child play dying light 2 , GTA or games of that sort.

They deserve that slap if they do let their kids play such video games.

During my early days my parents doesn't even access the kind of games I play nor the kind of contents on my device. If you ask them, they'll say, children of modern generation are used to tech.  I play any sort of game I wished to play no age restrictions at all. 

Edited by Justin11

8 hours ago, Empire said:

We all have something that we are addicted too 🙂 I mean I love gaming and I'm always on my PC every single day till I'm up in the morning till 11pm at night and even in bed I'm looking at my screen watching films. But gaming, I game when I game and that's not all day. like I said and mention before. 

Your preferences always matters to you. It's what ticks for you. For those that aren't good with it, that's their individual problem that shouldn't bother you. 

If gaming is what makes one happy but others sees it as a child's play, it's their business and it doesn't matter at all.