Register Now
melanie_marie27

Soda Pop - How many per day?

So... you like the Pepsi huh?

I can't seem to acquire a taste for Pepsi, even diet. It's the one thing about Taco Bell I don't like, they have no Coca-Cola products.. at least around here they don't. But yeah still I prefer diet anything vs regular Coke or even Pepsi. The non-diet just seems so "heavy".. I drink diet purely for the taste.. so much lighter.

I can't stand Coke anything. It's like drinking raw sewage. It literally makes me sick.

As for preferring diet, it wasn't always the case for me. A few years ago, my doctor told me that I was in the pre-diabetes stage. Diabetes is one thing I've been terrified of getting all my life. So when I was told that, I cut out as much sugar as I could. I quit eating candy, quit eating cobbler (which was harder than hell to do), and switched from regular to diet soda. I never liked diet because it always had a weird after taste to me. But now that I've been drinking diet for several years, I actually can't stand the taste of regular cola. It's diet or nothing for me, regardless of what the soda is. Dr Pepper, Mtn Dew, Pepsi, etc. One that I wish I could still get around here is diet Faygo. Faygo is awesome soda, and so much cheaper for so much more.

I know what you mean. When I was little, I always drank regular soda pop, never diet. Then in high school, me and the gals all started drinking diet.. and yes, the aftertaste goes away once you're used to it. Wouldn't touch regular now. 

It's good you cut out regular pop.. you were smart. SO MUCH sugar.