Register Now
DC

Type-two fun and gaming

Have you heard of the concept of “type-one” and “type-two” and “type-three” fun from outdoor activities and athletics?

If so, what are some examples of type-two and type-three fun from your gaming experiences?

I’d say completionism falls into type-two for me. Not fun while I’m doing it, but fun/funny to laugh at later.

• Type-two: Raft maybe - it's not fun in the beginning but when you build up your raft and the possibilities are endless.
  • Type-three: Sims: It's basically a simulation of your real life and what you should be doing with it and it's not really fun in the slightest.

The concept of categorizing activities  either outdoor or indoors by types is all new to me, but it'd good to know about it and from what you've said.

Playing soccer is a type one- It feels good all round and it really interesting to talk about a good soccer match amongst friends.

Hiking is a type three- you just climb rocks to the top and then find a way to get back down straining your legs and even risking injury.

Type 2 fun in relation to gaming would be hunting animals, especially in RDR2. But I enjoy getting rewards such as cool looking gear. The hunting grounds in Horizon Zero Dawn was sometimes difficult too trying to get the gold medal. Type 3 fun would be games like Bloodborne where I go so far and earned some resources, then die and all was for naught. Then I delete the game because I lose motivation. 

On 11/5/2022 at 2:39 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Type 2 fun in relation to gaming would be hunting animals, especially in RDR2. But I enjoy getting rewards such as cool looking gear. The hunting grounds in Horizon Zero Dawn was sometimes difficult too trying to get the gold medal. Type 3 fun would be games like Bloodborne where I go so far and earned some resources, then die and all was for naught. Then I delete the game because I lose motivation. 

There's is an increasing rise in hunting quests in action and adventure video games and though it could be fun for some gamers but I really don't enjoy and just do most of the hunting in video games because I have to or Haven't gotten anything better to do at the moment.