Register Now
Kane99

Do you think GTA VI will tie in to previous titles?

A lot about GTA VI leaked recently, along with who you'll be playing as, and all this. But do you think there is any chance that GTA VI will tie in to previous titles? I mean it's a given that these games take place in the same world. But, the series doesn't really tie in all that much. Yeah Lazlo is in pretty much most of the games, and even shows up in person in GTA V. So the idea of characters coming back has been a thing on my mind. 

Part of me wishes they would do some fan service like this and add old CJ in a new game. Hell even Tommy Vercetti, even though Ray Liotta has passed away, he could make a brief cameo. Hell I'd welcome past characters from San Andreas, GTA III to show up. I'd love to see Niko Bellic make a comeback. Johnny from the Lost and Damned was in GTA V, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. 

I know Rockstar probably won't do it. They will probably put in easter eggs like they've done with all the games. But I want some of the big hitters to show up and have some kind of speaking line. 

What I think would be even cooler, is if they made story DLC for the past characters, to see what they're up to. Could be fun. Also Luis Lopez could make a comeback too. Especially since Gay Tony was featured in online missions for GTA V. 

What do you guys think?

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It highly probable that rockstar studios would want to have an entirely different twist to GTA VI though they might leave a link between the other GTA Games and the new release just to give it some form of continuity.

If it takes place in Liberty City and Vice City like it was rumored to, I could honestly see some cameos. I just want to see old CJ make an appearance. That and Niko at the least. Just hearing Roman ask us to go bowling would bring me back lol. 

8 hours ago, Kane99 said:

If it takes place in Liberty City and Vice City like it was rumored to, I could honestly see some cameos. I just want to see old CJ make an appearance. That and Niko at the least. Just hearing Roman ask us to go bowling would bring me back lol. 

Well , we don't even know when GTA VI is coming out since rockstar studios has made any announcements to that regards.

But I am quite sure that they are going to make something worth the wait and we would get a really good game in the end.

We all hear things that may come ot not. But RS have not said anything on the point as of yet. Big will be bigger, that ahs been said, Just think how much space we need on our drive ;P I'm led to believe they're not working on it at the moment, most of the focus us still on GTA V Online. I'd imagine the design and concept teams will be but it's not in development yet.

With it being Rockstar I would more than likely think they would want a whole new twist to GTA VI but it is also possible for them to bring previous games they have released in the GTA series into the Twist of GTA VI. With how long it's taken them to get the game almost ready I would imagine it is a whole new game with a whole new twist. Going to be exciting when they are ready to announce more though.

There's always tie-ins from previous titles, so I don't see that changing any time soon. I'm hoping GTA 6 feels more like Vice City if i'm being honest.  I liked the more arcade-y feel of the older games, but i'll probably check out GTA 6 when it drops and see how it is for myself. Maybe i'll enjoy it. Hard to say without playing the game tbh.

I would rejoin Gamefly and try it that way, but their shipping has become abysmal.