Register Now
aerodynamik

Today I had the chance to purchase a PS5.

I went to the store today to get a birthday gift for someone out my daughter's class. She is invited to a party, so a gift is due. At the counter I noticed someone getting a PS5; while they're not displayed in the store. I asked if there was more stock, and they had like 11 in stock, with 3 more shipments coming in this month. It's a full package over 730 Euro with God of War, an extra controller and a game I could pick that is available.

For some weird reason, I didn't purchase it. Don't know why... Maybe it's because it's being sold as a package, and I don't need an extra controller, nor God of War. Maybe I'm getting to old, and don't think I need a PS5 while my PS4 still works. What's happening with me? 😅

Because you're an adult who is being smart with your money. I wait a long time before I get a new console, mainly because I can't afford most of them, and secondly because I don't feel I need a new console right away. 

And right now, things are in a nosedive, with inflation being an issue, it's kinda hard to push the button on buying expensive toys essentially. And I'm good with my PC and what it offers. 

This is perfectly normal when you get to being an adult and you have other things that need more attention than maybe buying a bundle for a PS5 console. I myself have been in the same boat with the Xbox Series X where they have been in stock but I have sat back and thought about it and whether I would justify the purchase and every time my adult self would kick in and say no it can wait. There will always be more times for you to jump on the purchase when you are able to and maybe even at some point a bundle that would suit you. You definitely did the right thing not jumping the gun.

You dun messed up A-A-Ron! I would've grabbed it. 😛 I got lucky with my purchase. I loaded up a queue on Playstation direct and I  managed to get one. Purchased it and then a few weeks later, best buy had them in stock for totaltech members, so I grabbed one for my nephew. 

If you can't afford one, wait for the inevitable Slim or PRO model of PS5. Yes the PS5 is a great console but there haven't really been any must have exclisive games on it. It's an attractive technological boost, which isn't a bad thing but for many struggling consumers it doesn't translate into a must buy.

On 1/10/2023 at 12:55 PM, Empire said:

If you can't afford one, wait for the inevitable Slim or PRO model of PS5. Yes the PS5 is a great console but there haven't really been any must have exclisive games on it. It's an attractive technological boost, which isn't a bad thing but for many struggling consumers it doesn't translate into a must buy.

Good idea. When is that coming out ? I agree, people tend to buy it with the hype it comes with.

20 hours ago, aerodynamik said:

Good idea. When is that coming out ? I agree, people tend to buy it with the hype it comes with.

No idea it's late 2023 or into 2024. But no idea. SOmething that you have to google and get information yourself. 

I'm at the point where I don't game enough to warrant a purchase of a new console anyway. I game mostly on PC and even then I only really play Madden, Fortnite and a couple other games here or there. I don't game like I used to sadly.