Register Now
DC

Ever run away from home?

On 12/16/2022 at 6:25 PM, killamch89 said:

Nope - I have though about it once or twice but it never made much sense because it wouldn't have solved anything.

If it will take you away from abusive parents who literally beat you every day, it can actually solve a lot. It can also potentially save lives from suicide attempts. I can't tell you how many times I tried to commit suicide. Not that anyone would have cared.

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

If it will take you away from abusive parents who literally beat you every day, it can actually solve a lot. It can also potentially save lives from suicide attempts. I can't tell you how many times I tried to commit suicide. Not that anyone would have cared.

I was talking in my specific case - I'm aware your circumstances were vastly different from mine.

Yes, I ran away from home once when I was a kid, but I think I returned before my mother and father even got back from work. I was so mucked up mentally speaking and was going through so many emotions and trauma as a young teenager, I just wanted it to all end and I suppose I thought running away was the best way to go about doing that. I would have been even more miserable if I actually ran away and didn't come back.

I remember in my teens, there were a few times I ran away from home and it was usually due to an argument with my parents about something silly and it just got too much so I ended up running away from home and staying somewhere else for a while until everything calmed down. 

Sometimes you do feel as though running away is the better option for you but a lot of the time, staying and working it all out is usually the best option.