Register Now
Smokey

Chrono Trigger.

Anyone play this classic RPG from Square? I absolutely love this timeless (pun intended) classic! A few years ago I bought an original SNES cartridge of it for $70 on ebay. That's a lot of money for 1 game cartridge, but nowadays it's doubled in price. I'm glad I still got my cartridge.  I have it's re-releases on the Playstation as well as the Nintendo DS too. However, when I wanna feel super nostalgic i reach for the original cartridge.

Have you ever played through Chrono Trigger? What are your thoughts on this game? 

Chrono Trigger was another game I never got the pleasure to play unfortunately but I do hear that it was a really great game back in it's time and one I regret missing and not playing. I know there are ways I could still play it I believe and I would love to be able to experience the game at some point when I have the time. Watching YouTube videos on it I definitely feel that I would enjoy the game given the chance to play it. 

There are plenty of ways you can experience it. PC, PSP/PS Vita, Nintendo DS. Hell i believe there's even a version on iOS/Android if you can put up with playing it on your phone or tablet. 😛  It's definitely worth experiencing. I hope they remaster it and re-release it like they did it's sequel recently, Chrono Cross. 

It is a well paced, complex and highly refined game. It has aged very very well... like most JRPGs, its depth and charm increases as you become enfolded in the plot, characters, battle mechanics and music. There are a lot of fun cinematic moments, beautiful boss battles and philosophically reflective scenes.

I had at one point but I know for a fact that I didn't finish it. I do remember it being worked on by the creator of the Final Fantasy Series, the creator of the Dragon Quest series and Akira Toriyama, the creator of the Dragonball Manga. It was the game Final Fantasy took a lot of inspiration from.

I really need to go back and finish this game! Chrono Trigger is one of the best RPGs to be released on the SNES. The soundtrack is amazing, and the coolest thing about the PS1 version is the added cutscenes. It's a shame the loading times in Final Fantasy Chronicles is a nightmare though... I only own the PS1 version since the SNES version is expensive. I think it's cool that Akira Toriyama, the character designer for DB and DBZ worked on the artwork in this game. 🙂