Register Now
Smokey

Arcades

Anyone else miss the days of going to the arcade to play the latest games? I was only able to enjoy this for a very short period of time as a child and only when we visited certain places., but I loved it!  Do you miss the arcades from back in the day? They are definitely a rarity nowadays if not impossible to find any still up and operational. 

I sure do miss them, you never seem to see them anymore if I am honest and it's a shame that we don't. I know there are some places that still have them but it's very rare and few and far between and in some cases you have to travel quite a distance to use them. It would be awesome if places like that would make a comeback but I feel it's just too much to ask now. 

Yeah I definitely miss the arcades for sure. I remember going to one when I was younger and competing against this other kid to see who can pull off the most fatalities in Mortal Kombat 2 lol.  He won, I was never too great at pulling off certain character's fatalities 😛

On 12/17/2022 at 1:55 PM, Smokey said:

Yeah I definitely miss the arcades for sure. I remember going to one when I was younger and competing against this other kid to see who can pull off the most fatalities in Mortal Kombat 2 lol.  He won, I was never too great at pulling off certain character's fatalities 😛

I used to play Sega Rally Racing and beat almost everyone at it because I used to drive my brother's Evo as a teen.

I was probably both too young, and in a not very optimal area (far northern sweden) for arcades. I remember a local movie theater had a few pinball machines and maybe a racing game, and there was a video rental place that had an area in the corner with some lightgun games and some racing games, and probably airhockey. But I was too young to be allowed to use them. I get why people are nostalgic for them though!

I did play in them a bit in the early 2000s (usually when I was on vacation and didn't have access to a computer)... there's a little bit of nostalgia associated with it, but I don't really miss them apart from that TBH.

I wish arcades existed more. I have one in my town, that I have yet to actually go to. But I don't even know if it's still open and active. It's a place anyone can go in, and there's like no one there to watch over people. It's kinda weird from what I hear. But maybe it's time I actually go to it. I mean, better to support it than let another arcade die out.