Register Now
Smokey

Pokemon games

Which Pokemon games did you have as a kid? on the gameboy color I had Red, Blue, Yellow and Silver. I never got Gold or Crystal but as a kid I always wanted the latest one that came out 😛 I cooled down as I got older, I think the last one I bought was Alpha Sapphire on the 3DS if memory serves correctly. Although I do have fond memories of playing Yellow & Silver in middle school.

Which Pokemon Game(s) did you have? Which was your favorite? 

I never had any Pokemon games myself growing up, it was more my brothers who had them and I remember them having Red and Blue when I was growing up. I remember trying to play them but could never get the hang of them and they would never sit and show me so I gave up. I know my youngest brother collected more himself as he was a huge fan of them and I remember him having Yellow and I believe he also got Gold as well. 

Honestly?

I'd say XY. It's really easy so he won't get stuck on battle mechanics, and there's still a traditional gym experience. I personally hated Let's Go, and Sun and Moon might have too much pointless talking in them for a younger kid. I know I put the game down for months bc they wouldn't shut up lol. It depends on what console he has access to, though

Gameboy/Gameboy Color - Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold, Crystal

Gameboy Advance - Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald

N64 - Pokemon Stadium 2

My favorite Pokemon game of the lot would probably be Crystal just cause it had every Pokemon just before going to the Hoenn Region. My favorite starting Pokemon was Cyndaquil. When it got to Typhlosion, it was an absolute monster. You could learn some rock based attacks as well as solar beam which was super effective against water Pokemon. Not to mention its slash was usually a critical and did tons of damage.

I've been playing Pokemon since 1999, and I started with Yellow version! My best friend gave me his old Gameboy with a copy of Yellow version. I had to give the game back to him but I did get to keep the Gameboy at least. His mom thought I stole yellow... anyways shortly after that I got a copy of Blue version. My favorite generation is Generation 3 though, I just recently got a reproduction cart of Emerald since I've always wanted this game but you know how expensive Pokemon games are these days. I own all the gen 1 games including Green version currently. I also own two copies of gold, a copy of crystal, ruby version, Diamond, Platinum, Black 2, Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Y, Sun/Moon, Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, Sword/Shield, and Scarlet/Violet. My favorite Pokemon is Incineroar, it's so awesome!