Register Now
Shortie

Do any games you play do New Year events?

I can't say myself I have seen many games that do a New Year event when New Year is being rung in around the world or it could be that games do it that I don't play so I miss these games and their events.

The one game I know of that does an event every hour throughout New Years Eve for each country that enters the New Year is Fortnite. They do a countdown and then a firework display as well and it's always cool to experience in game throughout the day if you have the chance.

Do you know any other games that have New Year events?

Only game I can think of is Fortnite. I'm sure they have something planned for the holiday season and new years. They usually have something planned out for the year like that. I doubt they'll do something like a concert, but maybe a fun event you can go to with friends. Maybe something that extends the Battle royale story or something. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Only game I can think of is Fortnite. I'm sure they have something planned for the holiday season and new years. They usually have something planned out for the year like that. I doubt they'll do something like a concert, but maybe a fun event you can go to with friends. Maybe something that extends the Battle royale story or something. 

They usually don't do an event but every hour on the hour if you jump in you will get to see a countdown, ball drop and a firework display and then they display Happy New Year and of course this time it will be 2023. It's always great to jump in and experience it if you can at some point during New Years Eve. 

On 12/18/2022 at 12:15 AM, runswithspatulas said:

Animal Crossing does one but it's no big deal. I'm not sure I ever was on for the Fortnite one. I'll hafta check that out this year.

I have had Animal Crossing New Horizons since May 2020 and I have managed to have some time to experience the Halloween Event and some of the Christmas event but I have never had the chance to experience the New Year event. I am going to have to see if I can get on it this year to see their New Year event. 

On 12/19/2022 at 6:41 PM, Shortie said:

I have had Animal Crossing New Horizons since May 2020 and I have managed to have some time to experience the Halloween Event and some of the Christmas event but I have never had the chance to experience the New Year event. I am going to have to see if I can get on it this year to see their New Year event. 

To be honest, I haven't played Animal Crossing since the Gamecube days and I don't currently own it for the Switch either. It's a great game but not really my type.