Register Now
The Blackangel

Top 10 Horror Video Games That Had to Be Censored

I knew of Doki Doki because I had seen a playthrough of it where one of the girls just offed herself and it was just casually mentioned. Until Dawn didn't deserve it because the part where the guy got cut in half was gory. Then again, Japan does have very strict censorship policies on gore in videogames.

Edited by killamch89

Given what I have seen on censorship on other threads and videos, there isn't much that surprises me there. I did find the Doki Doki Literature Club a bit odd, just by changing the colour of blood people aren't going to assume the character is bleeding cola (If anything, that's more disturbing). I am happy to learn that Valve fought for Left 4 Dead 2, good on them.

16 hours ago, Smokey said:

Manhunt was the only one that came to mind for me. I could see Condemned being censored too though.

Manhunt was literally banned/censored everywhere and at the time, I thought it was ridiculous and looking back at it, it even seems more ridiculous because there were far more violent games out at that time that didn't get anywhere near the same treatment.

Time Killers The Arcade version of this Fighing Game was complete Uncensored. But thanks to the Blood, Gore, & Dismemberment, it never made it to a Nintendo Console....Although if you owned a Sega Genesis you got the game in all it's Gory Glory.

On 12/23/2022 at 5:59 AM, Empire said:

Time Killers The Arcade version of this Fighing Game was complete Uncensored. But thanks to the Blood, Gore, & Dismemberment, it never made it to a Nintendo Console....Although if you owned a Sega Genesis you got the game in all it's Gory Glory.

I checked it out on eBay, and the prices are insane. I saw it going for everything from $120 to $500. I would have bought myself a copy if it wasn't going for those kind of prices.