Register Now
killamch89

If you could customize the design of your smartphone any way you wanted, what would it look like?

To be honest, I'd just want them to go back to smaller sizes and the battery being removable with microSD slot, headphone jack and a charger in the box. Made out of all aluminum - no glass back. I'd probably make it have the boxy design of older Samsung Galaxy Notes minus the stylus (I occasionally use it on my Note 20 Ultra but it's not that necessary of a feature). What would your smartphone design be like?

I would love to have a phone customized that it was a purple colour that I liked, not something that is basic like you get now. I would want the phone to be smaller but still have everything it already has now and for it to come with a MicroSD for an extra fee if possible. 

On 2/13/2023 at 5:04 PM, Shortie said:

I would love to have a phone customized that it was a purple colour that I liked, not something that is basic like you get now. I would want the phone to be smaller but still have everything it already has now and for it to come with a MicroSD for an extra fee if possible. 

What shade of purple are we talking - dark/light or just any shade?

On 2/15/2023 at 9:11 PM, killamch89 said:

What shade of purple are we talking - dark/light or just any shade?

When it comes to a phone I don't think a really dark purple would work as I feel it would look more black from a distance. I think something that is somewhat on the dark side of a purple but also something you can tell is purple and not black if that makes sense. Most of the phones you get now always have like a light purple like pastel shade so I would like something darker than that. 

Honestly a lot of the phones out today look great but I would just replace the back with the grippy faux leather that Blackberry used to put on their phones. My Redmi and Essential Phone look great but are way too slippery. Just add a nice looking case on the phone 😛 

On 2/17/2023 at 7:11 AM, Empire said:

Honestly a lot of the phones out today look great but I would just replace the back with the grippy faux leather that Blackberry used to put on their phones. My Redmi and Essential Phone look great but are way too slippery. Just add a nice looking case on the phone 😛 

I agree - the glass back finish does make it tricky to hold some phones and on top of that, they're fingerprint magnets. However, a case also help with that.

I would probably make the screen expand the whole phone, like phones are trying to do now, but instead of the camera hole being visible, the screen covering it, but the camera opens up when needed. 

As for the other side of it, just a better layout for the phone, apps, etc. Also no filler junk would be nice. I just want the standard needed apps to work and the rest should be for me to decide. 

On 3/8/2023 at 7:50 PM, killamch89 said:

I agree - the glass back finish does make it tricky to hold some phones and on top of that, they're fingerprint magnets. However, a case also help with that.

Would end up costing more

Imagine if we got what The Office did as a tablet. The Pyramid! Imagine what gaming on something like that would be like.😄  But yeah, this is in no way something I'd want, but it was clearly a joke about how companies will try any gimmick to get sales. 

181219_3848923_Power_of_The_Pyramid_anvver_1.jpg

Now what I could see working, is if it was half of the device, the other half connects at the bottom making it into a bigger tablet, one actually resembling a real tablet. Like what I posted below. 

image.png.54fcf0aa1b9f28844fdadf7c971c1db7.png

Not the greatest, but it's an idea I suppose, and I kinda got it from the Office and a mix of those newer flip phones. 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Imagine if we got what The Office did as a tablet. The Pyramid! Imagine what gaming on something like that would be like.😄  But yeah, this is in no way something I'd want, but it was clearly a joke about how companies will try any gimmick to get sales. 

181219_3848923_Power_of_The_Pyramid_anvver_1.jpg

Now what I could see working, is if it was half of the device, the other half connects at the bottom making it into a bigger tablet, one actually resembling a real tablet. Like what I posted below. 

image.png.54fcf0aa1b9f28844fdadf7c971c1db7.png

Not the greatest, but it's an idea I suppose, and I kinda got it from the Office and a mix of those newer flip phones. 

lol - unfortunately, it's not practical in that state. It looks uncomfortable just to hold and if it folded out, then it'd look like some diamond-shaped tablet which would make it look futuristic but still impractical.

I would design my smartphone with a sleek and minimalist look, featuring a borderless display and a slim profile. The back would have a premium glass finish with a subtle gradient color. Overall, I envision a modern and elegant design that exudes sophistication.