Register Now
BangEm

The "Disaster" Day Before...

So i truly believe this is a real game but i think its the brothers at the top that are messing things up. its poor leadership that is ruining the rollout of this game, also the transparency has been poor! From the jump it looked more like incompetence if anything. Two opportunistic brothers, with big investors, who ain’t got a clue on how to deliver a Triple A title.

I think the only people that can save their credibility is Nvidia, if they continue to stand by them they may have a foot to stand on.

My thoughts right about now is RIP this game

capsule_616x353.jpg

Honestly, like so many indie games (except this technically isn't an indie game, but lets face it, it may as well be) with questionable motives, I find the controversy more interesting than the game itself. Even the controversy is mostly stuff we've heard before with the delays, lack of communication and so on, but it only really got very interesting in the last few weeks. The game disappeared from Steam just weeks before it launching and a reveal gameplay being delayed because the people who are behind this apparently didn't thing to trademark the name. A year and a half since they announced the game, and they never filed a copyright for the name. I mean what the fuck?

I don't see it as a scam like some people do. It's not like Star Citizen that charges thousands of dollars for ships and pay-to-win bullshit for a game that even after over a decade is still not out of alpha, but I do think the people behind this have bitten off more than they can chew.

Edited by Shagger

8 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Honestly, like so many indie games (except this technically isn't an indie game, but lets fact it, it may as well be) with questionable motives, I find the controversy more interesting than the game itself. Even the controversy is mostly stuff we've heard before with the delays, lack of communication and so on, but it only really got very interesting in the last few weeks. The game disappeared from Steam just weeks before it launching and a reveal gameplay being delayed because the people who are behind this apparently didn't thing to trademark the name. A year and a half since they announced the game, and they never filed a copyright for the name. I mean what the fuck?

I don't see it as a scam like some people do. It's not like Star Citizen that charges thousands of dollars for ships and pay-to-win bullshit for a game that even after over a decade is still not out of alpha, but I do thing he people behind this have bitten off more than they can chew.

oh for sure, they have indie experience in delivering smaller form games. this is the first venture into rolling out a triple A title and they are failing at every hurdle presented. shitshow is an understatement atm.

I will say, the scripted gameplay thing doesn’t feel like a meaningful critique. Tons of game devs script their gameplay for trailers. You see it in Apex Legends trailers all the time. It helps devs control the variables so that they can show everything they want to show without the potential for embarrassing goofs on the part of the player.

I don't think this is a case of the game being fake. I think it's real too. What I think the issue is, is that they don't have nearly enough finished, so they went the route of copying other games for their reveal trailer they did a while back. At least they were accused of copying various games like COD, Battlefield (I think) and a few other games. 

If it turns out to be real, I hope it's a success, but I'm not seeing anything that tells me this release is going to go good. But It'd be great to see it release and actually be a good game. 

This whole thing was just one big rollercoaster - I wasn't really interested in the game at all but the controversy surrounding it was what really got my attention. It looked like a somewhat decent game from the trailers (although it's fake) but hypothetically, if this game were to launch right now, would it have been any better than what's out right now?

14 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

This whole thing was just one big rollercoaster - I wasn't really interested in the game at all but the controversy surrounding it was what really got my attention. It looked like a somewhat decent game from the trailers (although it's fake) but hypothetically, if this game were to launch right now, would it have been any better than what's out right now?

Was it fake? I thought they used their game engine, but just copied same scenes and scenarios that were in other games. But if they put out a completely fake trailer, than that's even crazier and proves to me at least, that this game is less likely real. 

3 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Was it fake? I thought they used their game engine, but just copied same scenes and scenarios that were in other games. But if they put out a completely fake trailer, than that's even crazier and proves to me at least, that this game is less likely real. 

It's not totally fake - I mean the trailer itself was "fake" in the sense that it was scripted gameplay or staged is the proper word (more or less what you said). Besides that, the company developing this game has poor history in terms of game releases.

On 2/27/2023 at 8:52 PM, killamch89 said:

It's not totally fake - I mean the trailer itself was "fake" in the sense that it was scripted gameplay or staged is the proper word (more or less what you said). Besides that, the company developing this game has poor history in terms of game releases.

Is this the video in question? I find it funny how mediocre it is and how it just reminds me of something like PubG and DayZ or something, but with nothing going on. I have a feeling they haven't populated this world with anything yet. And the footage of just walking, really?  

On 3/2/2023 at 5:43 PM, Kane99 said:

Is this the video in question? I find it funny how mediocre it is and how it just reminds me of something like PubG and DayZ or something, but with nothing going on. I have a feeling they haven't populated this world with anything yet. And the footage of just walking, really?  

Yeah - that's the one. As I said previously, the game didn't seem like anything too groundbreaking at all. Just a rip-off of other games currently on the market.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah - that's the one. As I said previously, the game didn't seem like anything too groundbreaking at all. Just a rip-off of other games currently on the market.

It doesn't look groundbreaking at all. I mean, the trailer does try to sell it, but once you see nothing but stretches of them running, and doing absolutely nothing until encountering a few undead here and there. To me it just looks like an empty game, or that they haven't even started populating it with enemies. The video didn't show many encounters with enemies. 

What I am getting from this, is that they needed to show something, but only have this world made with nothing in it. So they had to show it off the best they could, and that's why there is so much filler content in that video. Most studios would cut to the next section where something is happening. 

I'm calling it, but I think this game is going to be an underwhelming flop at release. 

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It doesn't look groundbreaking at all. I mean, the trailer does try to sell it, but once you see nothing but stretches of them running, and doing absolutely nothing until encountering a few undead here and there. To me it just looks like an empty game, or that they haven't even started populating it with enemies. The video didn't show many encounters with enemies. 

What I am getting from this, is that they needed to show something, but only have this world made with nothing in it. So they had to show it off the best they could, and that's why there is so much filler content in that video. Most studios would cut to the next section where something is happening. 

I'm calling it, but I think this game is going to be an underwhelming flop at release. 

I already wrote it off from the moment I saw it. It might as well be a fake trailer because it looks like crap if I'm being honest - the graphics in the trailer is only thing slightly decent about it.

On 3/9/2023 at 1:24 PM, killamch89 said:

I already wrote it off from the moment I saw it. It might as well be a fake trailer because it looks like crap if I'm being honest - the graphics in the trailer is only thing slightly decent about it.

I'll reserve my judgement for when the game officially releases. My guess is this will get delayed further and we will have to wait longer. This game needs something to set it apart from all the other games, and I don't think they can figure that out. I wonder if this game will even release.