Register Now
BangEm

Playstation Exclusive - Tchia (Moderator Edit: Also on PC)

Game looks decent, looks like a chill story mode based game.

Edited by Shagger
Edited to correct title as said game is not exclusive to PlayStation as was originally implied.

"We designed our map system without a player marker. We think this encourages observation, exploration and make finding your way around the acapellago much more rewarding"

No, it's just plain stupid. First off, they're not encouraging players to be more observant so they know whare they are, they're forcing them to. As game dev's they should know the difference. Second, how exactly are players supposed to know whare they are when in an area that the haven't explored before and thus have no landmarks refenced? Yeah, Tchia can use that "guess" mechanic to narrow it down, but it's quite a wide area. And if that map doesn't represent the environment with 100% accuracy (And let's be honest, few maps in video games actually do.), then you're screwed. 

Map issues aside, this does look cool. I love the way it looks and it it seams to control well. I hope the story holds up and isn't too light-hearted as I feel the game could do with that contrast.

Looks really fun. I like the exploration side of it myself. Whenever I play something like GTA for example, I like to explore the world first and see what I can find before tackling the story. I feel like this is exactly that type of game where you can go right into exploring the world. Kinda like what Minecraft was. 

8 hours ago, Shagger said:

"We designed our map system without a player marker. We think this encourages observation, exploration and make finding your way around the acapellago much more rewarding"

No, it's just plain stupid. First off, they're not encouraging players to be more observant so they know whare they are, they're forcing them to. As game dev's they should know the difference. Second, how exactly are players supposed to know whare they are when in an area that the haven't explored before and thus have no landmarks refenced? Yeah, Tchia can use that "guess" mechanic to narrow it down, but it's quite a wide area. And if that map doesn't represent the environment with 100% accuracy (And let's be honest, few maps in video games actually do.), then you're screwed. 

Map issues aside, this does look cool. I love the way it looks and it it seams to control well. I hope the story holds up and isn't too light-hearted as I feel the game could do with that contrast.

I think if done right, it could be good. I think we've gotten too used to games showing us exactly where we need to go. I mean, RDR2 for example had waypoints, essentially a GPS, but if you wanted to, you could turn that off and use road signs and NPCs would sometimes tell you where to go. I thought that was cool, considering it made it feel more realistic. 

I have a feeling they will guide you in some way, like at the start, they might say "Find land" or "Find shelter" or something. As well, it looks like maps eventually get filled in, so maybe the character builds up the map as you play, marking important landmarks, sights, and treasures, similar to how Arthur does in RDR2 when he discovers a new area. That would be my guess anyway, since they show a waypoint pinned on the map. 

It might also work how Fortnite does, where when you land in an area that you have yet to go, it'll show up as blank & darkened on the map, and then once you go there, it reveals the location. 

It does look like a decent game that has some interesting mechanics but if all you're doing is exploring, it's going to get quite repetitive. Couldn't they have monsters roaming the island and like you have to craft things like catapults to deal with them or those huge siege weapons of the medieval age.

Looks fun as  more so with the raft, is this going to be on PC. It's interesting that (apart from storing explosive, which seems like it'll be fairly limited) there's no "direct" way of defeating enemies, but you instead need to rely on objects in the environment. Makes combat a bit more of a puzzle and a little more of a challenge.

On 3/8/2023 at 4:36 PM, killamch89 said:

It does look like a decent game that has some interesting mechanics but if all you're doing is exploring, it's going to get quite repetitive. Couldn't they have monsters roaming the island and like you have to craft things like catapults to deal with them or those huge siege weapons of the medieval age.

I think the intention in exploring is to find missions and things to do. I assume it opens the map up every time you go somewhere, like how it is when you have a map in Minecraft and it fills in whenever you move. 

This of course is all based on assumptions, but I think that's what the game is going for. A way to explore and find the missions, or find the next thing to do. I think it sounds like fun. 

I assume you'll have enemies to fight off or battle. Or some kind of challenge to keep you going or interested. 

On 3/10/2023 at 3:14 PM, Kane99 said:

I think the intention in exploring is to find missions and things to do. I assume it opens the map up every time you go somewhere, like how it is when you have a map in Minecraft and it fills in whenever you move. 

This of course is all based on assumptions, but I think that's what the game is going for. A way to explore and find the missions, or find the next thing to do. I think it sounds like fun. 

I assume you'll have enemies to fight off or battle. Or some kind of challenge to keep you going or interested. 

That's exactly what I want - challenges in-game. They could've given us a sample of that at least...