Register Now
The Blackangel

Is a racial slur ever ok?

There's tons of slurs for everyone. The most I hear is for white and black people. What I'm asking is between people of the same race. I'm white and my friends often call me a crazy cracker. I honestly don't care. I have also seen black people use the N word with each other. I had a friend that was gay and I told him that he should visit for a few days, but that I didn't have much food. He said "You think a chick with PMS is bad, wait until you get a fat fag with no food". It was hysterical. There are also slurs that I hear commonly for Mexican people. There are words for Jews. There are words for us Satanists. If a demographic exists, it has slurs against it.

I'm ok with most of the white slurs, and words for everyone else, as they typically don't apply to me. There are words that I would rather cut my tongue out than say, and that I would rather rip my ears off than hear.

So is it ok that I call @Rain Dew a cracker? Is it ok if blacks call each other a coon? Is it ok if Jews call each other a heeb?

Where does it go too far? Or does it?

I don't think it's ever a good idea because it may be funny at times like the example you gave, but people out there who have deviant purposes hide behind their ethnicity to fuck over their own people. Take Kanye West for example. He has disrespected blacks using white supremacy rhetoric. He claimed blacks are Jews while going full nazi against Jews. Nick Fuentes has a Hispanic last name while he is a full nazi and of course they hate all ethnicities who isn't Aryan white. Cuban politicians like DeSantis and Ted Cruz attacking Hispanics and blacks while Cubans themselves are Hispanic with a large black population. Clarence Thomas hating his own race as a supreme court justice, wanting to get rid of affirmative action, allows racist gerrymandering, and has a white wife who hates free and fair elections. George Santos, republican politician who was caught as a compulsive liar about absolutely everything has hated against gays and trans, while there is an old photo of him dressed as drag. 

You see. It is not acceptable because it might be funny on a personal level when your friend does it. But if that becomes the norm, then deviant people will weaponize their ethnicity or sexual orientation and incite hate and violence against those very people. And the public would think it's ok because why would a black person or black politician attack blacks? We can't take that serious right??? WRONG!!! White supremacists are laughing in the shadows. 

The problem with racial slurs and other terms that could be considered prejudice is either don't know or don't care that it's not, and is never, up to the individual using the slur to decide whether or not it's OK. Far to many people seem to choose for themselves that it's OK without any consideration of content or how it applies is specific situation. It's called "ignorance" for a reason, because people ignore the specifics of a situation, the history of the words and the perspective of the other party. When it's something between friends that's one thing, that a "permission granted" scenario. And yes, some people might not mind being called that that but when it's used against somebody, at thier expense to degrade and insult them, that's never OK.

The default behaviour is "don't use racial slurs" because with most people and in most situations one cannot know well enough to decide whether or not it's OK. It's common sense, really.

What I was getting at was two people of the same ethnicity using the terms toward each other in jest. Like I said I usually get a kick out of it if a white person calls me a cracker. And I don’t bat an eye about black people calling each other nigger. By this day and age it’s their word to use however they want. I have neither the right nor the privilege to call them that, even if they tell me it’s okay. And that has happened. I still didn’t call him that. “Jackass”, yes I called him that.

Using a racial slur against someone of a different race has never, and will never be acceptable.

As someone who was brought up with parents and family members who hated any kind of racist words or racial slurs I am a firm believer that they should never be used. All too often many people feel that they can use racial slurs just because many others do or because they have heard others use it towards someone else thinking it's fine or normal to do so. 

I now have kids myself and I have told them that I will not tolerate any kind of racial slurs or racial comments and I have often in the past caught them using them randomly in public because they have heard their friends say it. You never know how someone may react if they hear you use a racial slur whether it be towards them or not.