Register Now
The Blackangel

Gamers Caught Cheating

They should be busted hard. If you're playing a single player version of a game, then I have no problem with people using cheats. It doesn't usually help your experience as it's often taking away from the game in most cases. But if you're a tournament player, or in some online group, then cheaters deserve being banned. I only play one player games, because as everyone already knows, I hate online gaming. It's just not enjoyable for me, and I've given it numerous challenges on numerous games and numerous platforms. I also often use a Game Genie on some games to make them harder due to me being too good at them. So maybe my opinion doesn't count or matter here.

This is something I have always had an issue with, not so much with single player games that are offline and you play on your own, if you want to cheat in a single player mode, go for it. It's not bothering me and will not affect others only you.

When it comes to online multiplayer and playing with others, that is where I draw the line to be honest. If you are cheating you are ruining the game for others who are playing as well and that makes it less enjoyable for others. I am glad to see that some game developers take this very seriously but I do feel more need to take it more seriously. 

On 5/16/2023 at 11:25 AM, Shortie said:

This is something I have always had an issue with, not so much with single player games that are offline and you play on your own, if you want to cheat in a single player mode, go for it. It's not bothering me and will not affect others only you.

When it comes to online multiplayer and playing with others, that is where I draw the line to be honest. If you are cheating you are ruining the game for others who are playing as well and that makes it less enjoyable for others. I am glad to see that some game developers take this very seriously but I do feel more need to take it more seriously. 

I agree - Most just want the fame and the clout for being a top player without actually developing the skill to earn such praise. I've never cheated in online multiplayer games and don't ever intend to.

On 5/23/2023 at 7:03 PM, killamch89 said:

I agree - Most just want the fame and the clout for being a top player without actually developing the skill to earn such praise. I've never cheated in online multiplayer games and don't ever intend to.

I am against it and even if I were able to, I would never want to risk it due to so many games now having the ability to be able to detect when a player cheats and the usual punishment for that is a permanent ban from the game.

I believe there was a member from Faze at one point who cheated on Fortnite and he did it on stream as well. Epic Games were alerted and he was permanently banned and could no longer make a new account either. 

Cheating while playing games not only ruins the gaming experience for others, but you are not improving your skillset if your letting AI do the work for you. I would suggest to  approach games with integrity, embracing them for their intended experience. I have seen competitive players get terminated and even legal action taken against them for cheating live on stream too. Something to avoid big time. 

On 9/1/2023 at 12:34 AM, Bizdustry said:

Cheating while playing games not only ruins the gaming experience for others, but you are not improving your skillset if your letting AI do the work for you. I would suggest to  approach games with integrity, embracing them for their intended experience. I have seen competitive players get terminated and even legal action taken against them for cheating live on stream too. Something to avoid big time. 

This is very true and something I wish so many would realize. They end up hurting their own cause when they cheat and that only makes things worse for them in the long run. 

I also hate how it ruins the game for others as well when it comes to things such as the game being played properly and it being fair for all. 

I'm all for people wanting to play single player games with cheats if they wish to, however I do have an issue with cheaters when it comes to pvp games. Cheaters get an unfair advantage over other players who don't cheat. I heard recently that there were a lot of players at the recent Pokemon Tournament that were banned from the tournament since a lot of them tried to use hacked Pokemon.