Register Now
Shortie

Did you ever play Frogger?

I always remember as a kid, Frogger was that one game I used to love to play and see how far I could get through the different levels. I would spend hours on the game when I first started to play it and my parents would have to pull me away from it. 

Did you play Frogger? Was it a game that you found addicting? Do you still play it now? 

Like a fiend. I played it non stop whenever I could. We had family friends that had an Atari with it, Pitfall, Q*Bert, and Pacman. At least those are the ones I remember best. They actually had to get a second TV because we were always playing on the Atari. Frogger is a cherished memory from those days. At the time, that 2 bit was the cutting edge of graphics. That was before Nintendo came out with their 8 bit graphics, and completely changed the game. We were all amazed at how lifelike SMB was. But we still played the hell out of Frogger. The goddamn gators drove me nuts, but at least I could time my jumps however I wanted. Unlike withe the damn cars and trucks. I have to go on their schedule.😡

Ah well. I still kicked ass on it. And I still have it to this day on Atari, among other systems.

21 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Like a fiend. I played it non stop whenever I could. We had family friends that had an Atari with it, Pitfall, Q*Bert, and Pacman. At least those are the ones I remember best. They actually had to get a second TV because we were always playing on the Atari. Frogger is a cherished memory from those days. At the time, that 2 bit was the cutting edge of graphics. That was before Nintendo came out with their 8 bit graphics, and completely changed the game. We were all amazed at how lifelike SMB was. But we still played the hell out of Frogger. The goddamn gators drove me nuts, but at least I could time my jumps however I wanted. Unlike withe the damn cars and trucks. I have to go on their schedule.😡

Ah well. I still kicked ass on it. And I still have it to this day on Atari, among other systems.

I always remember playing it on the Atari 🙂 remember that was the first time I played video games and it was my dad that introduced me and my brother to gaming that way 🙂

I am pretty sure it is still available but a more updated version on Xbox and possibly PlayStation as well as I have played it a few times on Xbox as well for the nostalgia 🙂

On 8/22/2023 at 3:49 AM, Shortie said:

I always remember as a kid, Frogger was that one game I used to love to play and see how far I could get through the different levels. I would spend hours on the game when I first started to play it and my parents would have to pull me away from it. 

Did you play Frogger? Was it a game that you found addicting? Do you still play it now? 

Probably one of the first games that became addicting haha.

I remember we even started playing it in real life with cars...

1 minute ago, Empire Of Sight said:

Probably one of the first games that became addicting haha.

I remember we even started playing it in real life with cars...

That we did LOL. Definitely no worries for safety back then when we would try and play frogger in real life. Nowadays if kids were to try that, could you imagine the outroar across the internet as I would imagine they would record it and post it on the internet for everyone to see. 

Just now, Shortie said:

That we did LOL. Definitely no worries for safety back then when we would try and play frogger in real life. Nowadays if kids were to try that, could you imagine the outroar across the internet as I would imagine they would record it and post it on the internet for everyone to see. 

They would ruin it for everyone instantly XD

Actually there is a singular sad story I remember from back then 😮

23 hours ago, Empire Of Sight said:

They would ruin it for everyone instantly XD

Actually there is a singular sad story I remember from back then 😮

Oh no! I can only imagine. Is it something you like to tell or is it something you prefer to keep to yourself? 

7 hours ago, Kyng said:

Not in an arcade, but I did play browser-based versions.

Was quite good fun, but I was never much good at it!

I can't remember myself playing Frogger in an arcade either but I always remember playing at home when I was younger. I honestly can't remember seeing Frogger in any arcades I went to which was a shame. 

On 8/24/2023 at 1:30 AM, Shortie said:

I can't remember myself playing Frogger in an arcade either but I always remember playing at home when I was younger. I honestly can't remember seeing Frogger in any arcades I went to which was a shame. 

Nor can I - although, I wouldn't have gone into any arcades until the early 2000s, by which point Frogger wasn't exactly cutting-edge 😛

15 hours ago, Ravenfreak said:

I've played it before, but honestly it's never really been fun to me. I know for it's time it was a state of the art game, but the gameplay is just too slow, boring, and monotonous. I only played it a little bit before playing a different game.

I have known a few people to say this as well. Some people do need a little more to keep them occupied when it comes to a video game so I can fully understand why you feel as though this was not a game for you. 

I always used to love trying to do better each time I played and I found that to be what kept me playing, the addiction of doing better and getting better each time.