Register Now
Shortie

Epic Games lays off 900 employees

The news coming from Epic Games today is that they have laid off 900 employees which is around 16% of the work force. 

The reason coming from Epic CEO Tim Sweeney is as follows

"For awhile now, we've been spending way more money than we earn, investing in the next evolution of Epic and Fortnite"

You can read more about this here

What are your thoughts on this news?

It's unfortunate to hear about the layoffs at Epic Games. While investing in the future is important, it's crucial for companies to maintain financial stability. It's always tough to see employees lose their jobs, especially in such uncertain times. However, it's crucial for businesses to adapt and make necessary changes to stay afloat. Hopefully, Epic Games will be able to recover from this setback and continue providing innovative experiences for gamers worldwide.

It's always sad to see many gamers, or gaming developers, losing their jobs. I feel most gaming companies could probably be 100% remote, with no physical office to add to expenses. They should mostly be able to get away with that, or just a small suite in a mall or something for their headquarters to significantly lower their costs.

6 hours ago, kensonplays said:

It's always sad to see many gamers, or gaming developers, losing their jobs. I feel most gaming companies could probably be 100% remote, with no physical office to add to expenses. They should mostly be able to get away with that, or just a small suite in a mall or something for their headquarters to significantly lower their costs.

It would make sense, but those places aren't cushy enough. Also it would force executives to be around us peasants. We pay their salary, but we're still the fools that buy into their game.

You show me an executive who can name 3 games their company produces, and I'll show you someone fast on google.